Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just started watching fringe

Options
  • 08-11-2010 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

The first season off a DVD my friend lent me. Isn't it amazing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

cloud493 wrote: »
    The first season off a DVD my friend lent me. Isn't it amazing?

Just wait till you get to season 2 and even better, season 3 then :). From the later half of the 2nd season the show improves greatly IMO and for season 3 (5 episodes in so far) they have not had a bad one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

just starting the first episode now, hope its decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

It is decent, and it gets better later on. I enjoyed the early episodes, but I think they settled in and started getting more into the series story arc once they knew they were being kept on. The first season has a lot of monster of the week episodes, and just hints at something bigger compared to the second and third seasons which shift more to the overall series story, with the monster of the week being moved to more of a background feature (often actually tying in with the overall story in some way).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya i cant say much more to anyone who is yet to check this show out other then just watch it!!

It starts slow but in a good way. You get the stories of the characters and get to love them all in different ways.
    There is parts in the first two seasons that did drift off in a way from main story and it did get a bit tiresome *Monster of the week episodes with very little main storyline content* And of course the musical episode i admit i skipped the whole thing to the last five minutes :P

But from what i have seen of the third season so far its hit a good solid pace now nothing seems to be slowing it down. Its switching nicely between the main stories we have and it is giving us plenty to get excited about for the future of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I'm only after watching episode 5 last night and think the show is great so far. My only problems are that I'm watching a ****ty quality download (that'll be fixed soon as I'm getting the DVD) and the mildly related science terms used to explain things.

Great show though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Enda? :pac:

Season 3 is the best one so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    I'm only after watching episode 5 last night and think the show is great so far. My only problems are that I'm watching a ****ty quality download (that'll be fixed soon as I'm getting the DVD) and the mildly related science terms used to explain things.

Great show though!
    Try and get the Blu-Ray if you can, only around 21 euro on amazon.co.uk
    If not the dvd is the same price I think.

On both, the 5.1 Dolby mix is brill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I started watching it 3 days ago & I'm in the 2nd series now. 24 episodes in 3 days! Not bad! I hope to be caught up by the time it comes back on TV. Loving it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Best show on tv hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

237092766.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1297082603&Signature=ve%2B%2BJ%2BDrJwLozIqDURqeIZVbsX4%3D

Just powered my way through the seasons over the last two weeks. All caught up now, and went out and bought the blu-rays at HMV yesterday.
    New favorite show people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Amazing show i have it on Blue ray and bought a set of Philips wireless headphones and its so much better.

Hope they dont cancel the show after season 3:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ah jaysus. I'm on fringebloggers.com and there's an ad from Fine Gael. :mad: I doubt even a batch of Cortexiphan would sort Enda Kenny out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kyne1

I have seen some of its episodes and it seems amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭paddins

tried watching series one but went a bit too mad

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭paddins

does it get better in the following serieses?

paddins wrote: »
    does it get better in the following serieses?

Yep. It gets a lot better - probably from the 2nd half of season 2 (not that the 1st half is bad IMO) and then season 3 has been very strong for the majority of episodes so far.

Though what do you mean it went a bit too mad? The entire premise of the show allows for some pretty crazy stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Goes from strength to strength in my opinion.
    Walter and Astrid always cracks me up - Asterisk, Astro, Asteroid etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

bungler wrote: »
    Amazing show i have it on Blue ray and bought a set of Philips wireless headphones and its so much better.

Hope they dont cancel the show after season 3:(

Do you get good reception on them ? I got a pair of radio ones and they were shiiiiite .... let me know the model ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Sennhesier RS 170..using KLEER technology...Komplett my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

the_monkey wrote: »
    Do you get good reception on them ? I got a pair of radio ones and they were shiiiiite .... let me know the model ...

I havent got the model number cause i am not at home but i will get it later. I got the headphones down in powercity for €39, best 39 quid i have evr spent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah i have the rs 120s (which are excellent for E80), but one of the buds went on me, been looking at the 170s, is the surround sound fuction good on them, also been looking at logitech g930, which supposedly have 7.1 surround, but are probably more of a gaming set,
    Sennheiser RS170

Logitech G930

+1 on KLEER - unbelievably good for wireless headphones. I have the Sennheiser RS 160s myself (transmitter is a lot more portable and can be powered off batteries too but they do not do a surround effect) and they are excellent. Available from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-RS-160-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B002SOU2Y0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299153781&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I watched the first two episodes. I am not a big fan of monster of the week but I like the premise. I am not sure if I can sit through twenty episodes until it gets good though.

I'm thinking of skipping ahead, can anyone advise when the show moves beyond monster of the week/gets better? Going by the above posters, season 2 seems to be the place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

silvine wrote: »
    I watched the first two episodes. I am not a big fan of monster of the week but I like the premise. I am not sure if I can sit through twenty episodes until it gets good though.

I'm thinking of skipping ahead, can anyone advise when the show moves beyond monster of the week/gets better? Going by the above posters, season 2 seems to be the place to start.

From what I heard from a work mate it gets a hell of a lot beter half way into season 2.

I remember watching season 1 for a few weeks when it started and did not like it, its seemed all over the place with no true story with the 'monster of the week' as people say on here. So I skipped season 1 & 2 this week and watched all of season 3 in 3 days lol.

At the start of season 3 there is a run down of what has happened in the last season so up to speed right away.

Season 3 is EPIC!!!! Loved it, and now onto watch the first 7 eps of season 4 tonight, but as far as I know now there is no more shows until Jan 2012.

Seems to be the ONLY good show on tv the past year, dont even get me started on TerraNova...!

Is there any other shows out there worth my while when I get up to the lastest ep of Fringe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Season one may seem monster of the week but it all goes towards the full story, I didnt like it and stopped watching but when I went back I started to love it and do to this day.
    My favourite thing to do is wait up until 3:30 to watch it of a friday :D Its gonna be a long break until January. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GamingSynergy

The stuff mentioned in Fringe really catches on with me because I'm majoring in Quantum Mechanics. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am not going to read anymore of the comments here but I just want to stay I have just finished season 2 and have been blown away.

I thought 1 was okay and didn't bother buying 2 until it got quite cheap a year later but my god, everything from Johari window onwards was pure gold for me.

Can't wait to buy season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

As I'm running out of sci-fi type shows to watch, took a chance on buying S1. So far glad I did, the pilot wasn't great (too comic) but a few episodes in it's after getting darker.

Lets hope they don't add it to the endless list of cancelled sci-fi shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

T
    Tomk1 wrote: »
    As I'm running out of sci-fi type shows to watch, took a chance on buying S1. So far glad I did, the pilot wasn't great (too comic) but a few episodes in it's after getting darker.

Lets hope they don't add it to the endless list of cancelled sci-fi shows.

Its currently in its 4th and final season with just a few episodes to go, the ratings have gone down since mid way through season 2 I think, ironically the shows being getting better since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

T

Its currently in its 4th and final season with just a few episodes to go, the ratings have gone down since mid way through season 2 I think, ironically the shows being getting better since then.

not yet, i know the writings on the wall more or less, but im gonna still hold out hope, its all down to if the studio is willing to work with fox, the show has gotten to season 4 on FOX of all channels, they obviously have some kind of soft spot for it,

Advertisement