Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Conference on Antisemitism and Holocaust Denial is refused to Dr. Toben

Options
  • 08-11-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Who is afraid of the truth? Dr. Fredrick Toben has been refused access to the International Conference on Antisemitism and Holocaust Denial. This conference will be held in Dublin, the 18th and the 19th of November.
    Why don't they debate him? They know Dr Toben will destroy them.

Look at this exchange of e mail

Sent: Saturday, 30 October 2010 1:45 AM
    To: toben@toben.biz
    Subject: International Conference on Antisemitism and Holocaust Denial

Dear Dr Toben,
    We are unable to accept your registration and we are returning your cheque.
    Yours sincerely,

Lynn Jackson
    Chief Executive
    Holocaust Education Trust Ireland
    Clifton House
    Lower Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin 2
    Tel: +353 1 6690593
    Email: info@hetireland.org
    http://www.hetireland.org

==========

Date: 31 October 2010 06:34:30 GMT
    To: "'HET Ireland'"
    Cc: "Adelaide Institute"

Dear Chief Executive Lynn Jackson:

Please, I pray, advise me:

1. Why am I not permitted to attend your most interesting Holocaust conference in Dublin this month?

2. I see the conference theme emphasizes Denialism. Is it safe to presume there will also be academic papers presented that explore truth-content of what passes as Holocaust-Shoah narrative?

3. Will the conference also expose the many fanciful stories told by survivors, for example the notorious Herman Rosenblat story featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show? - see item below.

4. In view of the conference’s ‘antisemitic’ emphasis, will there also be a focus on the Talmud-generated hatred of things not Jewish? For example, will you focus on Jewish supremacism as recently expressed by Chief Rabbi Ovadia Josef of Jerusalem: ‘Gentiles exist only to serve Jews’?

5. I am interested in Professor Meir Litvak, Center for Iranian Studies, Tel Aviv University, who will speak on ‘Antisemitism in Iran and Holocaust denial’. Will there be scholars from Iran attending this International conference?

6. Of particular interest for me is Prof Robert Wistrich’s Holocaust denial and inversion’ because I have observed how Holocaust inversion has totally gripped the Holocaust-Shoah narrative, which makes it another form of nihilism. This would explain why in a number of countries individuals, who refuse to believe in its narrative, are labeled ‘deniers’, ‘haters’,‘antisemites’, ‘racists’, ‘neo-Nazis’, ‘xenophobes’, even ‘terrorists’ – and often imprisoned. It seems to me that an open discussion is thus feared by those who believe in the Holocaust- Shoah narrative on account of their personal Holocaust inversion problem, which then becomes a pathological lethal obsession fuelled by a self-serving victim mentality that cannot tolerate anyone asking questions. Hence the need to criminalize those individuals who refuse to adopt the Holocaust inversion mindset. Perhaps you can pass on my thoughts to Professor Wistrich for comment.

7. While I still have your attention, could you please ask Professor Robert Jan van Pelt whether he still stands by the statement he and Deborah Dwork made in their 1996 book: Auschwitz: From 1270 to the Present, where at pages 363-64 they state that Auschwitz I-Stammlager never had a homicidal gas chamber, and the one that is shown to visitors is merely a symbolic representation of the homicidal gas chambers at Auschwitz II-Birkenau? Although I am saddened by the fact that I am not permitted to attend I wish you and your conference all the best.

Sincerely
    Dr Fredrick Töben
    Adelaide, Australia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Well, if I was holding a conference on why The Wire is the best tv show of all time, I wouldn't invite someone who, by the sounds of things, would disagree with that, disrupt the conference and would most likely have to be dragged out against his will while he yells "Sesame Street is the better programme because it has more longevity and marketability!"

It's their conference. They can chose who to let into it. Perhaps they don't debate him at their conference because a) That's not why they're having the conference, and b) nobody's opinions are going to be changed by the end of it. They believe one thing. He believes another. I think for either side to change their minds would take a lot more than a 2 day conference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

So called jewish lives are worth more than others. That's what the conference is about,nothing more,nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The organisation has the right to let whoever they want attend.

There's no conspiracy here and so I'm closing this as it's only going to turn into a "Jews are Evil" thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement