Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email sent to wrong person by ticketmaster - what would you do?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 12:45pm

Hey,

Just got an email from ticketmaster, saying, welcome to myticketmaster. I thought at first it was junk mail from a competition, but then I received 4 tickets for a show that I didn't book, but was booked under my name...

Now, what to do....
    :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Honesty is the best policy.

Think about how you'd feel if you were the other person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

depends...what show is it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Whats the show?

worst case you're done for fraud like a woman who "claimed" someone posed as her and took a prize in a hotel that the woman had won, ran up a bill and now they're after her for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Go, enjoy the show, have a great night

Its a recession on out there, its every man for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Misticles wrote: »
    Whats the show?

worst case you're done for fraud like a woman who "claimed" someone posed as her and took a prize in a hotel that the woman had won, ran up a bill and now they're after her for it!

Was that the Liveline woman last week?

Did they prove she actually took the prize herself? That's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What kind of show does Papa Smut book tickets for? It's not a musical is it?

What would I do?

I'd check my credit card statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Was that the Liveline woman last week?

Did they prove she actually took the prize herself? That's brilliant.

No idea, I read it in some rag ha :D

I'm not sure if she is trying evade the bill or if someone did genuinely pose as her! :rolleyes:

What kind of show does Papa Smut book tickets for? It's not a musical is it?

Close enough actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

I thought it was all admission by scanning the barcode now from my experience anyway.

You would probably get to the door and find out your admission will be canceled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Any chance you have a few credit card numbers setup in your account?

I booked tickets using my girl friends credit card a few years ago. Her CC was then attached to my account. She later booked tickets for some event and i got some emails about the upcoming event i that she had booked!

I don't have a credit card. I went into their myticketmaster, but there's no contact details there. I know I'll do the decent thing, but tickmaster are b'stards that don't seem to have a customer service email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Id say your identity has been cloned. You should go to the show, and prepare for an epic showdown with the impostor, resulting in a fist fight where the two of you roll around alot, confusing people as to which one is the real you.
    Finally one of you will vanquish the other, see the show and win the girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I believe the legal precedent here is the case of finders/keepers versus loosers/weepers. Anything that comes through my letterbox (and by extension my inbox) is mine.

Papa Smut wrote: »
    I don't have a credit card. I went into their myticketmaster, but there's no contact details there. I know I'll do the decent thing, but tickmaster are b'stards that don't seem to have a customer service email address.

Do you have a laser card?

Go to buy something while logged into their account. Obviously don't actually complete the sale. But if you get to the purchase page it might have their billing address there?

Failing that, go with Phil106's option.

No laser card either. I went into their myticketmaster account. I can see the last four digits of their c/card. But no contact details...

I tried contacting the other "Papa Smut's" on fb, but then fb banned me from sending messages as the system thought I was a spammer. Boo-urns to that anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

someone could be using a card illegally and using your name as a fall guy!
    Careful that someone don't buy something and you eventally get a bill for it!
    Even if I'm wrong - and thats a good possability also - there is something suspicious going on.

As the daying goes, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" - you might regret it and something will come back to haunt.

Report the matter.

Biggins wrote: »
    someone could be using a card illegally and using your name as a fall guy!
    Careful that someone don't buy something and you eventally get a bill for it!
    Even if I'm wrong - and thats a good possability also - there is something suspicious going on.

As the daying goes, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" - you might regret it and something will come back to haunt.

Report the matter.

My problem is ticketmaster don't have an email address. They're customer service line is an 0818 number and I've no credit. I(f they had an email address I could write to, I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Hey,

Just got an email from ticketmaster, saying, welcome to myticketmaster. I thought at first it was junk mail from a competition, but then I received 4 tickets for a show that I didn't book, but was booked under my name...

Now, what to do....

be a bit of a man and try and trace it back. if you can't, keep them. if you can, give it to the person who actually wants them.

dumb_parade: Had a look there, didn't see anything there
    be a bit of a man and try and trace it back. if you can't, keep them. if you can, give it to the person who actually wants them.

Scuid Mhór: First off :rolleyes:

Secondly: Did you see the part where I wrote:
    Papa Smut wrote:
    I tried contacting the other "Papa Smut's" on fb, but then fb banned me from sending messages as the system thought I was a spammer. Boo-urns to that anyway!

Theres an "ask a question" button at the top beside the Answer button ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Think about it,you go to the show,and in the mean time your man has contacted ticketmaster about his lack of tickets.

Guess where they will look if you fail to notify them or reply? The seats the tickets are allocated too.

But in that case sell them on to someone else and let them take the flak!!

Theres an "ask a question" button at the top beside the Answer button ...

I honestly can't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its Jedward isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Think about it,you go to the show,and in the mean time your man has contacted ticketmaster about his lack of tickets.

Guess where they will look if you fail to notify them or reply? The seats the tickets are allocated too.

But in that case sell them on to someone else and let them take the flak!!

So maybe he should go to the show, but not take the seats and just stand at the back looking for someone who seems to be watching the seats. However, they could have thought you'd do that and have someone else looking for someone who's looking for people looking for emptys seat so maybe bring a friend to look for those people.

And bring your MP3 player with the Mission Impossible theme on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Dunjohn wrote: »
    So maybe he should go to the show, but not take the seats and just stand at the back looking for someone who seems to be watching the seats. However, they could have thought you'd do that and have someone else looking for someone who's looking for people looking for emptys seat so maybe bring a friend to look for those people.

And bring your MP3 player with the Mission Impossible theme on it.

Or bring the OH and when they are going in to the arena say you need to nip out to the toilet(the smart bit here is that you dont need the toilet,its an elaborate move to fool your observers) then watch the OH take the seat only to be pounced on and arrested. Then you can occupy the seats as the heat is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hey,

Now, what to do....
    You claim to have no lasercard or no credit card. Now, I've no idea how you pay for stuff, or take money from banks without them, but I'd wonder if these are just the tip of the iceberg, and that you'll soon get bank solicitors ringing you about the loan that "you" defaulted on...

• Advertisement
Advertisement