Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW lock cylinder help please

Options
  • 08-11-2010 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Just looking for a bit of help here. Some cnuts tried to rob my E36 M3 last week. They were not sucessful but damaged the lock cylinder on the passanger side. It looks like they bashed a bmw key through with a hammar and it broke, now the lock is fecked. Anybody know where I could get a cylinder and how much it would cost? I don't need a key.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are guys breaking BMWs on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just looking for a bit of help here. Some cnuts tried to rob my E36 M3 last week. They were not sucessful but damaged the lock cylinder on the passanger side. It looks like they bashed a bmw key through with a hammar and it broke, now the lock is fecked. Anybody know where I could get a cylinder and how much it would cost? I don't need a key.

Try Kilcock Dismantlers. Youll get the cylinder but you wont be able to open that door by key anymore.

Generally all door looks incl boot and ignition are replaced for these type of incidences.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,741 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Also there is a recovery guy out in Straffan, His name eludes me at the moment but yes he does advertise on donedeal. And also he has alot of E36 stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

listermint wrote: »
    Try Kilcock Dismantlers. Youll get the cylinder but you wont be able to open that door by key anymore.

Generally all door looks incl boot and ignition are replaced for these type of incidences.
    Thanks, I don't really need them all done because it is only the passanger side and all I want is to get the central locking working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Have you priced the part at BMW? They will make one up to match the VIN/keys to the car. They are not as expensive as you would think. I got an ignition barrel for an E36 made up to match the car keys for €50, delivered in 3 days, not bad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Have you priced the part at BMW? They will make one up to match the VIN/keys to the car. They are not as expensive as you would think. I got an ignition barrel for an E36 made up to match the car keys for €50, delivered in 3 days, not bad really.

Yeah same for me - I was surprised by the price of ignition barrel.
    Have fun fitting it though :rolleyes:

You can start the car with a large Philips screwdriver if the current ignition is broken. Just remove the cowling around the steering column and remove the red ignition switch at the opposite side of the key.

Car wont start though without the key inserted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

listermint wrote: »
    Also there is a recovery guy out in Straffan, His name eludes me at the moment but yes he does advertise on donedeal. And also he has alot of E36 stock.

Possibly Mark Allen / Brendan Allen? Breaks BMWs. Don't have a number handy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

Try Steve Guard.

http://www.steveguard.ie/

He may be able to rebuild existing barrel or other secondhand one to match existing key

Advertisement