Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy?

Options
  • 08-11-2010 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Wanna buy a black magic intensity pro online but i'm having trouble finding a site that sells at a decent price (not an over inflated irish price) and ships to ireland.

None on ebay atm and amazon won't ship here...and as expected the official irish resellers are bollox...

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Since how is the Irish price over-inflated and the sellers are bollox? :confused:

Camerakit.ie sold me mine perfectly fine, no issues and they got it out to me lickety-split. Well worth supporting an Irish company and not having to deal with fiddly exchange rates and the like. Buying from that link posted above would cost €160 before shipping, assuming I got the VAT rate right and the exchange rate stays similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Davthalas

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Since how is the Irish price over-inflated and the sellers are bollox? :confused:

Camerakit.ie sold me mine perfectly fine, no issues and they got it out to me lickety-split. Well worth supporting an Irish company and not having to deal with fiddly exchange rates and the like. Buying from that link posted above would cost €160 before shipping, assuming I got the VAT rate right and the exchange rate stays similar.

Well considering camerakit's price is €211.75 (inc vat) before shipping as opposed to the uk site marketek's €193.09 inc tax and delivery I'd say my point about over inflated irish prices was spot on :P

EDIT: Ordered from marketek, awesome. Thanks for the advice dudes.

Wow, €30 for a slightly higher VAT rate and to buy from inside the country. Not exactly all that much over-inflated tbh, if it cost €250/€275+ then yes, there's an argument.

Then again what sort of delivery are you getting from them?

Wow, €30 for a slightly higher VAT rate and to buy from inside the country. Not exactly all that much over-inflated tbh, if it cost €250/€275+ then yes, there's an argument.
    €30 is enough - goes a long way towards a lot of other things...
    Davthalas wrote: »
    Ordered from marketek, awesome. Thanks for the advice dudes.
    Glad to help - enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Then again what sort of delivery are you getting from them?

Personally I'd pay the €30 extra for the excellent support I've gotten from Camerakit.

I've had excellent support from markertek for what little I needed them.
    They phoned when I put in order, they made sure I was well looked after and that I had no issues.

If you want to waste money buying elsewhere - go do so.
    I for one believe in voting with my wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AHOD

Hi my son is looking for some sort of mini recording studio for Christmas that he can record himself singing and play back on the computer on CDs - can anyone advise a devise that can do this and where I might get it? He's 10. Thanks AHOD:confused:

AHOD wrote: »
    Hi my son is looking for some sort of mini recording studio for Christmas that he can record himself singing and play back on the computer on CDs - can anyone advise a devise that can do this and where I might get it? He's 10. Thanks AHOD:confused:

Possibly better suited to Audio-Video Editing.

Advertisement