Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting films on phone

Options
  • 07-11-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Is there any step by step guide to getting a film from a dvd onto a phone on the internet? HTC Hero running Android 2.1

Basically what i need to know is what I should use to upload the dvd, what format should it be in, if it is possible to resize it to take up less space and what player should i use?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Is there any step by step guide to getting a film from a dvd onto a phone on the internet? HTC Hero running Android 2.1

Basically what i need to know is what I should use to upload the dvd, what format should it be in, if it is possible to resize it to take up less space and what player should i use?

Thanks for any help

basicly what you need is something to convert dvd s to mp4 format which is what most phones can play.i have the samsung galaxy s and it plays them really well.the dvd is converted to mp4 format which is a lot smaller in size which means you ll get more movies on the phone.

this is a guide for the iphone but its the same thing.at the end of it all the files come out in mp4 format so thats what you want.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5964949_put-dvds-iphone.html

hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Following on from crazygeryy.

You don't need iTunes in that guide. Obviously the Androids will work as a USB drive without the need for that app.

If you convert them to mp4 they should play in the default media player. If you want to convert them to standard AVIs have a look on the Market for Rock Player or arcMedia. That'll play normally formatted videos.
    Those videos take more space though so it depends on the size of your SD card and I'm not sure of the power of the Hero. Worth having a look at though.

They're handy apps for any time you do have an AVI and just want to play it without having to convert the file again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

cheers guys

Advertisement