Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog day care

Options
  • 07-11-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I was hoping someone could help me please. Im looking for a dog sitter/walker or creche for me two little dogs. Due to work changes i need to find some creche or sitter for them. I left them inside last week only to come home to a chewed couch and skirting board.

they are totally distraught when i leave them. Ive checked dog training ireland which is too far away..walkies.ie dont cover where i am (lucan) muttugly doesnt open until 9 and i need to be at work at half 8 the latest.

I could leave them out the back but because its getting so cold i dont think its fair, plus to me they are my children so id hate for them to be out in the cold from 8-5 all day without any interaction.

Id love to give someone a job since so many people are unemployed.

Hope someone can help me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

where is lucan? this is what my wife does. we live in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Speedy44 wrote: »
    where is lucan? this is what my wife does. we live in galway

Lucan, Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

These guys do doggie day care - they are just across the road from me in Clonsilla and wouldn't be too far to drive from Lucan.

http://www.activevetcare.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

These guys do doggie day care - they are just across the road from me in Clonsilla and wouldn't be too far to drive from Lucan.

http://www.activevetcare.ie/
    also dogtraining ireland do it you can drop them off as early as 7:30 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Princess Aries

Hey, Im also trying to look into doggie day care / dog walkers in or near lucan.
    Im getting a Westie puppy in December and will be taking 2-3 weeks off wrk at first to hse train it. my concern is when I go back to work I dont want it to be on its own all day. Im not originally from the area so wouldnt know that many people.
    I would just like someone to come in once a day to feed the little and fella and keep him company for an hour. He wont be able to go for walks till 12wks.. Once we get to the 12wk mark and he has all his injections I would want someone then to bring him out for a half hour to an hour during the day Mon-Fri.

Would anyone know of any people or any companies that could provide these services? I was thinking it would be a grand little job for a dog loving responsible teen but as I said I wouldnt know many people in lucan :(

All help and suggestions greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Hi
    i'm looking for a doggy creche around Celbridge. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks for your help:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

nerak1984 wrote: »
    I was hoping someone could help me please. Im looking for a dog sitter/walker or creche for me two little dogs. Due to work changes i need to find some creche or sitter for them. I left them inside last week only to come home to a chewed couch and skirting board.

they are totally distraught when i leave them. Ive checked dog training ireland which is too far away..walkies.ie dont cover where i am (lucan) muttugly doesnt open until 9 and i need to be at work at half 8 the latest.

I could leave them out the back but because its getting so cold i dont think its fair, plus to me they are my children so id hate for them to be out in the cold from 8-5 all day without any interaction.

Id love to give someone a job since so many people are unemployed.

Hope someone can help me

Hi OP
    in the meantime have you tried giving them a good walk before you leave in the morning? At least then they should be too tired to chew. Until you find the walker, I mean.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Looks like someone around Lucan could make a few quid for themselves. Have you tried sticking notices up in local pet shops/vets, you'd be more likely to get an animal lover from these places as opposed to just putting notices up in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Hi
    i'm looking for a doggy creche around Celbridge. Can anyone recommend one? Thanks for your help:)

Can't recommend a creche but can recommend a walker for you if it would be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Princess Aries

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know - if you are living in the lucan area I found a girl that walks dogs at pretty reasonable rates, if anybody needs her info PM me and I'll pass it on! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

I offer Doggie Day care and hotel accommodation, check out www.caninecreche.com

we are in Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

there is no mention of a phone number on your website .... unless its top secret, people are not going to fill in their details... I'd be suspicious myself and would find it very odd and cant help asking myself "why no phone number"

I would strongly recommend you put your phone number up on website to gain some credibility

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

There is a phone number on this page ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

thank you i will make my phone number more obvious and i appreciate the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

I offer Day Care, Home Boarding & Grooming.

I am based in Shankill, Co. Dublin.

PM me for any more details or to call in!

Advertisement