Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Uncommunicative Insurance Company

Options
  • 07-11-2010 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

My wife's car went on fire whilst driving, thankfully no one injured, fire extinguished but enginge and electrics burned out.
    Did the right thing -called insurance co, they got the car towed to the garage, filed fire report.
    That was 4 weeks ago. Since then called the Galway freephone number many times but get answerd in India. Pleasant voices but no information.
    Engineers assess the damage (two different ones) and was told to get repair quote. Sent by email, fax and post. Called again three days later and told by agent I have to send quote - told them I have confirmations of receipt - quote found! They have to assess quote. No reply for days.
    Finally, they say damage caused by mechanical failure and not insurable but they reserve the right to asses whether there is a claim.
    I reply in writing requesting what basis have they reached this conclusion, request the engineers reports and their conclusions, point out that they have blocked communications (I asked for a supervisor and was told she was on holidays!) and refute any inference that I havnt supplied all details requested (I even sent on the service history). That was a week ago and still no contact from them.
    Do insurance companies behave like this to frustrate and scare off their clients? What actions should I take to push them to compensate us for the damage to the car (comprehensive policy). Whats the best words to use with these guys or should I just hand over to my solicitor?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd employ a loss adjuster if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

The delay in getting claims settled by car insurance companies is outrageous by and large -its got to be a month minimum and sometimes two -which is an eternity especially when youve no vehicle .Have to say AA were pretty fast at around 2.5-3 weeks when I DID have to make one of my own but when the other guys insurance is paying up its 1-2 months ...Funny how most poor inncoent people think they will be sorted within days or a week or two at most ,....

Advertisement