Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Bit Pricey?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. looking at a race camper and came across this. its looked good bar having no toilet. what do use think of the price?

Belt done 8000 ago. new pads and tyres all around

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/1655635

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

add says 01
    reg says 08
    ???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

meercat wrote: »
    add says 01
    reg says 08
    ???????????

Reg says 00 with a black screwcap in the middle of the 0 to confuse the fuzz :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

thanks paddy, good spot
    but the reg doesnt match the title still

meercat wrote: »
    thanks paddy, good spot
    but the reg doesnt match the title still

Daily models changed in 2000 so maybe he was just indicating that its the newer one. Was just talking to a guy who changed from the older model to the newer one last year. To cut a long story short he's bought a sprinter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

If I could afford the fuel for that every weekend I'd buy it lol. Would kill me to pay 100 quid return from cork

Most ivecos without kitted out are 3k for that year I think adding 6 is a bit much.
    I know the guy is off to oz next month hence the sale.
    Is iveco a good brand

Just noticed he has it up as an 01 but it's a 00

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Most ivecos without kitted out are 3k for that year I think adding 6 is a bit much.
    I know the guy is off to oz next month hence the sale.
    Is iveco a good brand

Most of the iveco stuff is rock solid, the older 2.5 and 2.8 engines were good for several thousand miles apart from the immobiliser solenoid in the diesel pump which is nothing to do with them anyway. The common rail stuff is more economical but repair can be very expensive. The 2.3 engine seems to less reliable than the 2.8. The daily is ideal as a race van because of the rear wheel drive, ducato will get bogged down easily in muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This is a nice one.. but again the fuel might be a killer.

When I was looking back in July/August I saw one like this but it was only about €3200 in Mullingar. I figured it would be too big and very likely more than 3500kg

But this one is much cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement