Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable Hard Drive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hey guys, I had my eyes set one of of these Western Digital Elements 1TB external (desktop) hard drives for 62 euro delivered but now I think I fancy the idea of a portable USB powered one. I reckon 500GB is about the size I need but let me know if there are any good deals in other capacities too.

I have been looking at this Buffalo Juststore 500GB (55.50 euro) and this Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB (47 euro)....are there any better value ones than these?

Any help much apreciated, thanks in advance!! ;)

bought the buffalo drive recently - at the time it was the cheapest 500Gb one I could find. it is very small and light.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

Lidl will have a 1TB external hard drive this Thursday, 11th Nov - if any good to you? €79.99

1TB External Hard Drive
    3.5" external hard drive with 1TB capacity, high quality and durable aluminium casing, passive cooling through the aluminium casing, low noise emission, 7200 rpm, 32MB cache, USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible) and eSata connection, includes: USB cable, eSata cable, power supply and base for vertical set up, size: 20 x 11.8 x 4cm, ultra fast transfer with eSata & USB 2.0, price per item

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Sound but I would probably go for the Western Digital Elements 1TB External Hard Drive for 62 euro over that if I decided on one of those bigger wall powered/desktop style units but think I would rather a portable USB powered unit instead!! thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fullirish

When I try to buy the Buffalo and post it to my address in Dublin I get:

Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 Slimline Portable External Hard Drive - Black cannot be shipped to the selected address.

Are they still having problems shipping electronics to Ireland - any way around it ?

@fullirish: I'm having no such problems when I try this, don't know what is going wrong for you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 BluePaddy

Cheers for the recommendation.

Just bought the Buffalo Juststore 500GB on Amazon - no problems! :D

BluePaddy wrote: »
    Cheers for the recommendation.

Just bought the Buffalo Juststore 500GB on Amazon - no problems! :D

This now says "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months" which aint good!! Anyone know if amazon are usually accurate with this or if they get them back into stock on a regular basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I know the OP has purchased, but just in case anyone else is on the lookout for 500GB portable drive, was coming through Manchester airport last night & the "add+" shop http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/RETAILERadd were selling Samsung ones for £40. Might be of use to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BluePaddy

Hi folks,

Need to buy a portable drive. Thanks for the postings. I've narrowed it down to two on Amazon for around the same price.

Seagate 500GB Expansion Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive for £47.79

or

Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 Slimline Portable External Hard Drive for £44.98

Can't make my mind up.

Can anybody recommend one over the other?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

i'm in the exact same boat :)

which to go for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

i'm in the exact same boat :)

which to go for!

This what they say after people viewed the site and then made the purchase.

What Do Customers Ultimately Buy After Viewing This Item?

82% buy the item featured on this page:
    Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive - Black by Western Digital 4.3 out of 5 stars (373)
    £49.99

9% buy
    Seagate Expansions 1TB External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive for PC by Seagate 4.1 out of 5 stars (742)
    £54.99

5% buy
    Buffalo Juststore 500GB USB 2.0 Slimline Portable External Hard Drive - Black by Buffalo 4.9 out of 5 stars (23)
    £44.98

2% buy
    Seagate 500GB Expansion Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive by Seagate 4.4 out of 5 stars (217)
    £47.79

Advertisement