Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming your parents..

Options
  • 07-11-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

...I had the shocking realisation when I was doing my shopping that I have become my mother. Standing in front of vegetables for a good ten minutes, doing arithmetic in my noggin, and then walking away, smugness radiating from my being because I managed to save 7c. Then making my way over to 'flirt' with the butcher..... the shame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

do ya find yourself fancyin your da? Thats a key sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

racso1975 wrote: »
    do ya find yourself fancyin your da? Thats a key sign!

Even my mother doesn't fancy my da... don't be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Becoming your mother.... You're not a bloke are ye? Cause that'd be strange enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

marxcoo wrote: »
    Then making my way over to 'flirt' with the butcher..... the shame.

Nice. Did he offer you a sizable portion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

One night I decided it would be a good idea to set the table for my breakfast, then I thought f**k that and put everything back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The butcher; always ready to give you a good deal on sausage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I use coupons, for nearly everything! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Have you looked at young wans walking around town and thought "She'll be sorry she wore that when she gets a chill in her kidneys"?

bonerm wrote: »
    Nice. Did he offer you a sizable portion?

I asked for chicken.. he gave me one very large sausage.. I was highly confused. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Don Juan DeMagoo

Oh so the butcher now replaces the milkman as the local flirt. I suppose it is a new century and all.

Wait a minute I was in the butchers yesterday and I am a man.... SO WERE ALL THE OTHER CUSTOMERS!!!

Dearest agony aunt.

Does this mean the local butcher is the only gay butcher in the village?
    Were we subconsciously flirting with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Going to bed the same time as my mother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

marxcoo wrote: »
    I asked for chicken.. he gave me one very large sausage.. I was highly confused. :confused:

He probably figured you needed more red meat inside ya.

Oh so the butcher now replaces the milkman as the local flirt. I suppose it is a new century and all.

I thought people (mammys) always flirted with the butcher. no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

my ma rang me last night for a chat but I was already in bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Found myself becoming my da in the summer, gave out to my friends while setting up a tent and told them "wait in the car, I'll do it myself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Years ago, I saw young ones wearing bum pelmets on the street and told my mother it was a disgrace what young ones were wearing these days - if you could call them clothes. Mum was mystified as to what was wrong with the skirts, told me she wore skirts like those in the 60s!
    I was 30, mum was 53! I realised I was turning into my grandmother :eek:

Absurdum wrote: »
    my ma rang me last night for a chat but I was already in bed :(

This is a regular occurrence for me :o Mam is in the pub at a table quiz, texts me for answers, and the next morning I see the texts from 10.30 the night before and realise I was already asleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

When I found my self shouting at the kids "turn off those lights I wont be able to pay the electricity bill" I knew then it was too late I had already turned:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

It's ok as long as you don't start wearing your mother's underwear if you're a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i think once you have kids you most definitely turn into your parents, especially when you finally understand why they said, and did what they did....and you realise you now spend 90% of your day repeating what they told you! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

When I give out to younger family members I scare myself with how like my mother I sound.

"If you fall and break your arm don't come running to me!"

"Do you think there are fairies that come out at night and clean up after you?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Why just the other day I made the decision to fuck up a young person's life.

Are ya proud o' me pa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'm becoming grumpier and more unreasonable every day, it frightens me how much I'm turning into them :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

When you own a stick for stiring paint, You have become your father

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

If there ever comes a time when I realise I have become either of my parents I'll...........be very sad indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I have on a number of occasions found myself checking the radiators in the house to see if they need bleeding. It always reminds me of my oul man & how I used to laugh at him for doing the very same thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I was peeling spuds a few weeks ago and found myself muttering about the ****e quality of the latest bag I'd bought, waste of money, not going to buy that type again etc... Realised it was word-for-word what I hear Mum saying at least once a month. Shamed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I drive a nice car. Damn, I've turned into my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

... yes .. when I said 'Oh I must put a wash on, there's great drying out there!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When I give out to younger family members I scare myself with how like my mother I sound.

"If you fall and break your arm don't come running to me!"

"Do you think there are fairies that come out at night and clean up after you?!"

I think your ma taught you wrong there. It should be:
    "If you break both your legs don't come running to me!"

Advertisement