Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone done: Higher National Diploma in Contemporary Music Performance (Rock School)

Options
  • 07-11-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi
    Im thinking of applying for this course after i finish my L.C and was just wondering what you do and Really is it anygood as a course.

Also Its a 2 year course so what has everyone done after it like a higher level course to get an level 8 or similiar or what kind of work you went into after this.

Thanks
    Sam H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

hey sam,
    I'm doing the Music production course. i can't really tell you what the rock school course is like, but knowing some of the people on the course that i was able to work with in the studio, regardless of the quality of the course, surrounding yourself in that environment of musicians is a very good atmosphere to be involved in. in terms of progression, BCFE offers a degree in media thats certified by DCU. if its more in the way of performance you want, the college as pretty good links with a University in Buckinghamshire, and as far as i know they have a couple of degree courses along those lines. The open day is coming up on the 9th of Feb so you'll be able to ask students and tutors about the course and progression from it, as well as be able to see the facilities you'll have at your disposal.
    In terms of the Ballyfermot experience, its really positive and motivating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DomoAVA

hey ive an interview for the contemp performance course and the production course next week, what did u have with u for ur interview to the production course?
    any tips on how to go about my interview?
    thanks man

Advertisement