Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get some spraywork done on my car

Options
  • 07-11-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

any recommendation's for places in the city or county

looking to get door handles, and bumpers colour coded

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've used Joe's Crash Repair, out by the NCT centre. Good work, reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Limerick Auto Crash, Eastway Business Park, Ballysimon Rd. 061 416155.

Not the cheapest but their work is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

MarkR wrote: »
    I've used Joe's Crash Repair, out by the NCT centre. Good work, reasonable prices.

Agree, I've been to him too and found him pretty good.

If you're willing to travel a bit, there's an absolutely fantastic guy out in Hollyford in Co Tipperary, literally up the side of a mountain, but does a fantastic job. Steve Ashton is his name. Think I still have his number if you want to pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

MarkR wrote: »

Heard nothin but good things about JCR's work. I've seen a car sprayed by him and it was better than a factory job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Heard nothin but good things about JCR's work. I've seen a car sprayed by him and it was better than a factory job

Sounds good.

- would the likes of Joe do paint repairs - ie. stone chips and scratches that wouldn't buff out etc.?

Other than that if you know of someone please let me know etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Paintdoctor over on the motors forum would sort ya out for chips and scuffs at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

JCR gets my vote too. He has sprayed two cars I have, he deals with every aspect including stone chips etc or colour coding too.

Exactly as phil said both of my cars exceeded factory finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

I would also recommend JCR. He did my bothers car who is an anal ****er when it comes to his car. He got the bumper and Bonnet resprayed over only 4/5 stone chips.. and JCR did an incredble job, no fish eyes, no runs nothing...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think that they only really respray full panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Brown's out in Cratloe are quality and cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

cheers bhoys, went into joe today and he's doing the work on wednesday
    talked me through the process and showed me some of his work

happy days

Advertisement