Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone watching the MLG Pro in Dallas?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 2:33pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I forgot this was on till I was sitting at my desk yesterday bored :)

I won't spoil any results, but they're all up here (with replays) for anyone who wants to see (you can see the loser bracket by clicking on it below the logo in the corner).

Some shock results and some epic games, I'm looking forward to the final day's stuff today which kicks off in about 2 hours. I was feeling indulgent and spent the $10 for the HD stream which tbh, probably isn't worth it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Yeah its defintly the best MLG event so far. Go onto #starcraft.ie Quakenet IRC. Few people on their watching it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

irc channel or at least teh quakenet chat down?

NVM, its back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

been watching it all weekend.

Some really really nice games.
    delighted to see idra gone, maybe well see more foreigners next gsl season now

Great to see the TL guys doing well as well. As i type this theres 5 tl guys in the last 8

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, Jinro predicts him and Tyler in the final
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Good games so far.
    Tyler for the win, him or TT1, he's playing quite well too. Protoss powah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Fecking technical faults!!!

Yea, it's a real shame they're having these problems.

Blizzard need to at least consider the possibility that an exclusively online method of playing is going to be damaging to pro events when you have this sort of nonsense happening. Hard for any sponsors to take any competition like this seriously when they can't finish their final match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Such a pity that easily the best MLG event was let down so badly for the final match.

The final was shaping up to be a great game
    pretty sure that tt1 would have taken that 4th map in the original game if bnet hadnt have farted like that and that would have set up a great series. As it was, after 2 hours jinro did a 7 min timing push and game. shame.

On a related note - Horray for Manner Factory!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was following the Teamliquid irc last night and it was some fun.

blizzard announce like a month ago they have lan fucntionality built into the SC2 release. They are currently looking to implement it in hte best possible way.

It might be a case a subscription/license may be have to be purchased to access the lan functionality or they may release a unique lan build for tournaments exclusively.

either or its there, and this mlg incident will push them over the edge to get it done.

Day9 and DJwheat did well under the circumstances keeping things interesting and funny.

Also at one point in the TL channel someone asked " what are the players doing now that day 9 and wheat are on battlenet playing?"

To which the manager responsed,
    Did you not see the message pop up on Day9s screen? Jinro messaged " We are ready to go" and Day9 replied " Go away I'm busy :P " Both finalists were happy enough sitting there watching the guys play and we were all laughing hard for most of it

I loved when they started casting the HuK and qxc game and the camera was on both players sitting beside each other watching it and having a laugh. Lots of class being showed all round between players which is always a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There was E-jizz to the " real life gg" from Djwheat to Day9 i nthe TL channel :)

Advertisement