Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of former Live Hare Coursing Club CEO

Options
  • 07-11-2010 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Just heard of the death of Jerry Desmond, former CEO of the Clonmel-based Irish Coursing Club. He died in a swimming-related incident it seems, in Portugal, On Friday.

Interesting comment on his passing away on this:

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/98105

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If the Greens had not chickened out then Irish Coursing would have died as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Some of the comments on that linked thread are disturbing.

Condolances to his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Whispered wrote: »

It's not my sport, but I legally hunt hare; you are right about those comments, very disturbing. Disagreeing with a person's sport is an individuals right; but wishing a human pain because of it is another.

I know people here will disagree with me; but I would be concerned about a person’s mental status if they post stuff like that.

Condolances to his family here to, as to any family who has suffered a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

he done alot for the coursing game.........his time in the ICC ended in controversy.

rip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

TippFan77 wrote: »
    Just heard of the death of Jerry Desmond, former CEO of the Clonmel-based Irish Coursing Club. He died in a swimming-related incident it seems, in Portugal, On Friday.

Interesting comment on his passing away on this:

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/98105

what are your thoughts OP?

i think the comments are rough,tough and emotional. but in essence i agree that anyone who hunts for fun is despicable.

RIP to his family but in the end-we all die.
    'tis the only certainty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭TippFan77

Whispered wrote: »

I agree. The comments were highly inappropriate. Though hare coursing itself reflects no credit on this country, we are dealing here with a tragic event and our thoughts must be with his family.

Jerry Desmond was a decent man as anyone who knew him will attest and his family deserves to be allowed to grieve their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Why did you use a smilie face on the heading then?

Advertisement