Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A loaf of wheat bread may soon cost $23 due to skyrocketing food price inflation

Options
  • 07-11-2010 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

sliced-bread.jpg
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger

(NaturalNews) Within a decade, a loaf of wheat bread may cost $23 in a grocery store in the United States, and a 32-oz package of sugar might run $62. A 64-oz container of Minute Maid Orange Juice, meanwhile, could set you back $45.71. This is all according to a new report released Friday by the National Inflation Association

NIA's special U.S. food price projection report is now available to download for free by clicking here.

The report highlights how despite cotton rising by 54%, corn rising by 29%, soybeans rising by 22%, orange juice rising by 17%, and sugar rising by 51% during the months of September and October alone, these huge commodity price increases have yet to make their way into America's grocery stores because corporations have been reluctant to pass these price increases along to the consumer. In today's dismal economy, no retailer wants to be the first to dramatically raise food prices. However, NIA expects all retailers to soon substantially raise food prices at the same time, which will ensure that this Holiday shopping season will be the worst in recorded American history.

I've been reading how many countries are now buying sh!tloads of land in Africa for growing crops as the world is running out of top soil to plant the crops in.Food is going to be a massive problem very very soon.
    Anyway i just thought i'd post this as I can't get my head around how much commodities are rising so quickly.Kind of worrying when you think of it your only 3 meals away from hunger, and when people get hungry, they get angry.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

The article, is a hypothetical about a potential increase in Dollar's worth if quantitative easing continues for a decade. Firstly no one is arguing that this would be the case, and even if it did, as seen in Weimar Germany, and Zimbabwe, people's salary would also increase in line with the fall in worth of the dollar.

Simply put while it may cost $23 dollars to buy a loaf of bread, your paycheck will also be similarly inflated to ensure that $23 dollars is a sum you can afford to buy a loaf of bread.

How do I know this? Like in Weimar Germany, where people were paid in suitcases filled with money, or Zimbabwe, were they just print large and large denomination bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Luckily here in Ireland we can counter those rises with our free cheese program

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

ArtSmart wrote: »

I like how the author suggests people grow their own wheat to get around this.

I mean how much wheat can you grow in a apartment window box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Where would one apply for that there cheese?

One hopes it is a nice Port Salut or Cashel Blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Sigi

Good. Maybe then people will start eating proper diets.

• Advertisement

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Where would one apply for that there cheese?

One hopes it is a nice Port Salut or Cashel Blue.

there's a thread on it. apparently it's pure Irish plastic orange cheese - you know, the stuff the rats turn their nose up at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cedissapointed

Lidls isnt too bad i wouldnt bother giving to tesco or irish supermarkets as they werent too kind to us with pricing before aldi and lidl stepped on the scene..And they are still by FAR ON EVERY FOOD PRODUCT ..cheaper than the alternative..Why buy irish when they are fleecing you

there's a thread on it. apparently it's pure Irish plastic orange cheese - you know, the stuff the rats turns their nose up at.

Where is the thread? Ill educate the peasants about the virtues of cheese.

Mind, im banned from half the site...

Nope, banned.

Summarise it for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Nope, banned.

Summarise it for me?

Log out, then you can read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

Di0genes wrote: »
    The article, is a hypothetical about a potential increase in Dollar's worth if quantitative easing continues for a decade. Firstly no one is arguing that this would be the case, and even if it did, as seen in Weimar Germany, and Zimbabwe, people's salary would also increase in line with the fall in worth of the dollar.

Simply put while it may cost $23 dollars to buy a loaf of bread, your paycheck will also be similarly inflated to ensure that $23 dollars is a sum you can afford to buy a loaf of bread.

How do I know this? Like in Weimar Germany, where people were paid in suitcases filled with money, or Zimbabwe, were they just print large and large denomination bills.

The problem with QE is that investors will be reluctant to buy US debt which is by the way how their economy still manages to survive while running a huge trade deficit with other nations.

So we're now seeing the federal reserve buy the debt instead of outside investors like China.

Currently, Obama is in India selling military hardware.

He's pimping that military industrial complex.

34za63c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

There is no CT here, a socio-economic issue maybe but that is for another forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement