Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireball?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Did anybody see this? It started in a NE position travelling E very slowly at approx 23:27 tonight. It started off a bright yellow turning to a bright red and lasted what seamed to be at least 40 seconds or more, it moved very slowly and left no tail.
    Its the first time I've ever seen anything like this...
    I'm in Dungarvan on the south coast.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Is this another Chinese Lantern thread ?

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I'd say deffinately not myself. It seemed to be moving faster than a lantern and it originated in the sky. I was watching shooting stars at the time and would have seen it rising.... i think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 funi1234

im in tramore and there are a **** load of lanterns around... ive mistaken a few for interesting things before.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

I'm convinced it wasn't a lantern. It was heading in your direction though :)
    Doesn't look like anyone else spotted it though...

Advertisement