Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whistler Snow Cover in Early December

Options
  • 07-11-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I've been given the opportunity to go to Whistler in December from the 9th to the 14th as part of a conference. My flights are paid for but I was thinking about paying for an extra ticket to bring my girlfriend as well for a bit of snowboarding. Both of us would be intermediate snowboarders.

I'm just wondering what the chances are of there being little to no snow cover at that time of year. Can anyone offer some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Timmy_shreds

Teg Veece wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what the chances are of there being little to no snow cover at that time of year. Can anyone offer some advice?

Mountain scheduled to open 18th or 19th of November. Last year was the second snowiest on record and this winter is due to be another record breaker. Going to be more snow than you can imagine. Sure bet. BOOK IT :)

La Nina weather system winter. Northern Pacific has been cooled and there will be high precipitation on the coastal mountains. Whistler catches all that snow before it moves to inland BC and on to Alberta.

You will have the time of your life.

Advertisement