Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Wildfire

Options
  • 06-11-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

basically i used to have a htc hero and loved it, it broke and i had no insurance so have been using an old phone the last couple of months. so i really want to get a new android phone and was wondering what the wild fire was like and also i was looking to buy it on a website called www.myphoneworld.com, its works out at roughly 220euro(this is about the most i can afford) and it is unblocked which suits me as i intend on heading out to australia soon enough.
    So has anyone heard anything good or bad about this website or would i be better looking around shops in ireland. Why is the wildfire so cheap compared to other htc's, is it not up to scratch???
    sorry for all the questions, but help would be appreciacted :)

p.s. this is the link http://www.myworldphone.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=HTC-WILDFIRE-BR
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

there is loads of info on the wildfire in this forum.

i have one. i find it grand. its entry level. does everything an android is expected to do. where its let dow is it low resolution screen.

battery lasts 2-3 days on medium usage.

i like it . does me grand. i can check email, use maps and have free webtext.

specify what you want out of it and i am sure people wmight be able to advise ou about other phones. but i think its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I think I'd go for the Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade instead of the Wildfire, if you can get it.
    The screen is meant to be far better and people who have had both seem to prefer the San Fran. You can get it from Orange (I got one in Newry) for £99 + £20 mandatory top up.

Play have it on pre-order for £99 including £10 top up (here), but convert that to €140!!:mad:

Still, well under your budget.
    You can unlock for $4, and there is a subforum here to debrand Orange stuff or install a clean rom. Lots of info.

I haven't used the Wildfire so can't compare it, but got the wife one of these and she loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

have to agree the San Francisco is a great phone and would highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Just wondering is the HTC Wildfire (from Meteor) still on the old Android version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Android 2.1 out of the box from meteor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Cheers Johnny. Just what I wanted to hear. :)

Advertisement