Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metal pubs

Options
  • 06-11-2010 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

any metal pubs in limerick these days?
    not since the high stool i spose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Baker Place is repping the rock crowd these days, metal on sundays "Metal after mass", and a festival every few months, "Siege of Limerick".

Miss the Stoool though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

god damn I miss the high stool, quinns and termites

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Anyone know is Tom Fitz of Termites fame doing any more sets in Dolans over the next few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Baker Place is as good as it gets in Limerick in terms of playing metal I'm afraid, although Costellos up the street from Bakers used to have metal mixed in with their indie stuff.

+1 to missing Quinns.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Raiser wrote: »
    Anyone know is Tom Fitz of Termites fame doing any more sets in Dolans over the next few months?
    St. Steven's night is the only one announced as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Raiser wrote: »

I was told that it was cancelled outright by one of the bar managers there, I was at it once or twice wasn't any real crowd there, its just not the same because it's not the dingy old cinema building that termites used to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Gneez wrote: »
    I was told that it was cancelled outright by one of the bar managers there, I was at it once or twice wasn't any real crowd there, its just not the same because it's not the dingy old cinema building that termites used to be in.

I once saw a Fella getting booted out of Termites out onto the Street onto Bedford Row who reappeared 5 minutes later in the tiny Window at the very top of the Stairs.

- Legendary Spiderman type Character he was.

*Edit to add*
    Gneez wrote: »

Anyone remember that couple of days when they were demolishing the Savoy Building and you could see into Termites from Lower Bedford Row/Henry St near Dunnes entrance?

- Was a bit of a strange sight - could see all the Wall Murals etc.

Advertisement