Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please review this track

Options
  • 06-11-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

i recently wrote this oasis/beatles style song called "shine your light on me".

any opinions ?

http://www.myspace.com/raymartin100

thanks
    ray

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bassist needed

Fabo wrote: »

any opinions ?

thanks
    ray
    my honest opinion is that the recording makes it almost unlistenable...

the vocals are... redundant...

def vaguely oasis-y, but a... pretty poor song...

IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Fabo

ok, well ive put up a new vocal, i thought the understated vocal worked better but obviously not.

personally, i know im not a good vocalist, but i havent heard one band or artist in ireland or the UK who got as good a guitar sound as I got on that song in the last few years. most amateur and signed stuff is pretty boring but at least my song hits you straight away, like all good music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ok, well ive put up a new vocal, i thought the understated vocal worked better but obviously not.

personally, i know im not a good vocalist, but i havent heard one band or artist in ireland or the UK who got as good a guitar sound as I got on that song in the last few years. most amateur and signed stuff is pretty boring but at least my song hits you straight away, like all good music.
    It would appear that you suffer from delusions of grandeur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bassist needed

It would appear that you suffer from delusions of grandeur.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caffman

Dunno about the Beatles/Oasis comparison :rolleyes:
    I'm gonna be honest and say the vocals are pretty poor but the guitar I actually found pretty bearable, good luck !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

fairly dire stuff tbf

defo not redeeming the irish guitar sound with this collection of mediocre tunes

unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

any opinions ?

thanks
    ray

Enjoyed Empty Bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paddyhunt

but i havent heard one band or artist in ireland or the UK who got as good a guitar sound as I got on that song in the last few years.

Thats one of the funniest things i've ever heard!!! How did you record the guitar then? DId you use more than one mic? Condensors? Did you use a mid-side technique? Did you EQ it and compress it? Did you find the sweet spot in the room to record it? I doubt it to be honest!

Advertisement