Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Power - Psychic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

He's full of ****e. If he's setting up in Limerick, I am going out of my way to expose him.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Robbing B****D, Exploiting vulnerable stressed people at the lowest point of their life. He must have lost business in the UK after the Darren Browne programme.
    Chase him from the County !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

He has operated out of Punches and U.L. concert hall. I know of one very vulnerable family who have been taken in by his nonsense. Pushing them for home visits to do readings at €90 a pop.

Also I have to say I am disgusted that he is being facilitated by U.L. Concert Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Be careful guys, he knows what ye are thinking :D

psychic school could be fun though. Teaching something that 100% doesnt exist, I'm curious as to how he'll pad out the classes. I may attend.

• Advertisement

I can't believe that none of the papers here have highlighted what this guy is up to given his history.

Remember most of the people who attend his events are doing so because they recently lost family members and believe that this guy can communicate with them. You might think that he is giving them comfort but what about the people who are crying at home every night of the week as a result of meeting this "psychic".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Here's the link to the show Derren Brown did with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhYSI5sWi8s&has_verified=1

This fúcking dirtbag was plastered all over the Sunday World when that Dublin teenager went missing in Spain, filling her parents heads with bullshít and generally wasting their time while promoting his own "business". Detestable.

U.L. Concert Hall should not be facilitating this guy.

they handed out flyers for his show to people exiting from Keith Barrys show, if Keith knew that he'd flip out.

Here is a link to his website for the Psychic School that he plans to hold in U.L. next summer.

http://www.psychicschool.org/psychic-school-ireland.html

Sickening.

There should be a boycott. I wonder if there is a way to let Keith Barry know about that Zuroph?

• Advertisement

I can't remember if I told him later that night, we had a few pints. No doubt it won't happen again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

On the site for the school he says about the course has a "strong leaning towards establishing it at University Concert Hall".

There's also no link back from the UCH logo.

Surely a reputable stand-up guy, of high personal morals wouldn't stoop so low as to use the good name and logo of a reputable establishment without their permission, just to make some financial gain from a trusting gullible public!?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Psychic school? like X-Men? sign me up

Really though this guy is a scumbag, although a fool and their money aer easily parted so if you believe in psychics you deserve to be ripped off, but he does prey on people who want answers to the unanswerable.

Im actually quite curious about what would go on on this course, but at the same time I'm loath to give him my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

UL Staff are not happy with this occurance.

UL Staff are not happy with this occurance.

The association with an alleged fraud and conman certainly doesn't reflect well on the good reputation of UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just throw up a few of these when he turns up.

psychic-fair-cancelled-499x375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Is there something the ULSU could do ? As a current student of UL I personally would sabotage the whole disgraceful concept.

depends. If its the concert hall, is it seperate? Also, if he doesnt do it here, he'll do it somewhere else, punches probably.

I've applied anyway. Since he's such a good googler, I presume he'll see this
    :) Hi Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

zuroph wrote: »
    I've applied anyway. Since he's such a good googler, I presume he'll see this
    :) Hi Joe.

Surely he knew about this thread before it was started. :confused:

• Advertisement

I think the worst thing this guy does is get involved in missing persons cases and offer hope to distressed families, all in the name of publicity. He is quite fond of pointing out that he helps police departments across the UK despite them denying any involvement with him.

This makes for interesting reading:

http://www.merseysideskeptics.org.uk/2009/05/joe-power-psychic-detective-although-not-a-detective-and-not-psychic/

http://www.merseysideskeptics.org.uk/2010/05/psychic-joe-power-and-the-two-man-mob-revisited/

Also check him out here in his attempt to garner publicity, claiming to be helping the mother of Sharon Matthews to find her daughter, despite Matthews being later convicted of kidnapping the child herself. You couldn't make this up.

Joe.jpg

he claims on his site that he pretty much cracked that case, and named those who had taken her.

youd have to wonder why he needs to teach people to be pyschic, surely hes just diluting his own market? why bother trying to earn a living at all, euromillions, done.

Because it is a money making racket.

Even Limerick Co-Ordination Office are touting his shows. :rolleyes:

http://www.limerickcoordination.ie/2010/05/19/university-concert-hall-an-evening-of-clairvoyance-with-joe-power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Why are People getting all fretful over this 'Psychic' in particular?

- Isn't there literally hundreds of these Gob****és all over the Country with a steady stream of Fools queuing up to give them money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Raiser wrote: »

- Isn't there literally hundreds of these Gob****és all over the Country with a steady stream of Fools queuing up to give them money?

Well according to the last census over 85% of the people in this country believe in this Zombie guy from the Middle East who died to get rid of our sins that we all got when some bird was caught eating an apple from a tree in a big garden after this talking snake told her to do so.:D Some Irish people will believe anything you tell them AND pay to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Human Beings have some odd openness to Religious lunacy hard-wired into them unfortunately.

- Its like a naturally occurring, socially acceptable sickness of the mind :(

I have more of a problem with this guy because of his "police work" helping families find missing children.

Human Beings have some odd openness to Religious lunacy hard-wired into them unfortunately.

- Its like a naturally occurring, socially acceptable sickness of the mind :(

Unfortunately, where common sense and reason is replaced by belief in space magicians in order to justify their existence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement