Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android and 3

Options
  • 06-11-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Considering a switch, but just want to check first; any issues with Android on 3?

Meteor block Dropbox and Photobucket and I'm sure some other apps, what about 3?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I haven't found any that are blocked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

JustinOval wrote: »
    Considering a switch, but just want to check first; any issues with Android on 3?

Meteor block Dropbox and Photobucket and I'm sure some other apps, what about 3?

Thanks.

The only issue I have is that the latest Android version on the Desire on Three is v2.1.Still waiting on v2.2 to be officially released after it's inital release was recalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

I've a Samsung Galaxy S on 3 and have been waiting on a 2.2 update for months now. That's Samsungs problem though.

I haven't found any major issues tbh. You can't look at "adult" sites on their 3G internet but I guess that's to be expected :D. Apart from some patchy coverage and texts refusing to send every so often I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You can't look at "adult" sites on their 3G internet but I guess that's to be expected :D.

Not really. I am an adult, I can choose what sites I want to view/ignore myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Not really. I am an adult, I can choose what sites I want to view/ignore myself.

It is a 3 policy at the moment, if I need to view anything that is blocked, I go onto wifi and view them from there. Not a major issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I remember you were able to ask them to take away any blocks in place for adult sites, wonder if this is still the case.

As far as I know the pay as you go phones were more locked down for site access in times gone past than bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Three network is fantastic, I have the desire i was one of those who was able to update to 2.2 everything is good, about the block websites you can ring them and asked them unblock the access.
    Dropbox works like a charm no issue so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Thanks.

Data network good? Decent speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

data network is very good, fast when its on 3G, but sometimes when it kicks to vodafone where you get 2G but overall its better than meteor and o2 from my own experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thanks.

Data network good? Decent speeds?

I think Data is much better than O2 (which was what I was on before)

• Advertisement
Advertisement