Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open University PG Dip in Music

Options
  • 06-11-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

Considering embarking on this course here, offered by the OU.

If anyone has any advice or feedback in relation to the OU, it's more than welcome.

I haven't been able to find too many reputable online music courses myself; I like the kinds of courses that Berklee music offer but at the end of the day they're really expensive; and what real worth is a Master Certificate anyway? Before dishing out in excess of $10,000, you'd want to be fairly sure of its standing.

If anyone knows of any decent online courses in music that carry some accreditation weight, please do let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭bradlente

Yeah I've looked at the Berklee ones before myself,wouldn't mind finding out what some of the courses are like from past pupils.The idea is good,flexitime for class work etc.Just wonder if there are work placements and if the qualifications are worth the money you have to shell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sara001

Priori wrote: »
    Considering embarking on this course here, offered by the OU.

If anyone has any advice or feedback in relation to the OU, it's more than welcome.

I haven't been able to find too many reputable online music courses myself; I like the kinds of courses that Berklee music offer but at the end of the day they're really expensive; and what real worth is a Master Certificate anyway? Before dishing out in excess of $10,000, you'd want to be fairly sure of its standing.

If anyone knows of any decent online courses in music that carry some accreditation weight, please do let me know.

I don't have sorry

Advertisement