Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Phone Should i buy?

Options
  • 06-11-2010 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I have a Nokia 6220 classic which is unfortunately coming to an end. i am looking for a new phone. My budget is under 300 euros. I am a student so i would prefer a phone which is sturdy. Also i would like physical keys and a decent screen size. I have no network preferences or form factor ones.

I don't really care about the camera quality or WiFi but would hope for gps, document viewer e.t.c.. I am currently thinking getting either an N96 or an E5. the only feature i really want is multitasking.

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Iphone all the way!...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

Thanks for the quick reply but i can't afford an iphone for less than 300. I forgot to mention in my original post that i was looking for a prepay phone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

e5, it's 149 on 3pay, 5mp Camera, Symbian OS, Wifi, lot of phone for the money.

Thanks drunkmonkey my only reservation about the e5 is the screen size. Is it legible and possible to watch photos e.t.c on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

estadio wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply but i can't afford an iphone for less than 300. I forgot to mention in my original post that i was looking for a prepay phone

Man you can get an Iphone for 300 unlocked... Iphone well worth it,

• Advertisement

Where can i get an unlocked iphone for 300?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I love my xperia x8

Touchscreen but worth it

Thanks bluewolf and manu2009 i will look at adverts and the xperia x8. The thing is though an unlocked phone comes without a warranty and i would like to keep my next phone for at least a couple of years

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

estadio wrote: »
    I am currently thinking getting either an N96 /QUOTE]

The N96 is horrible. Avoid.

Durability wise... toucbscreen phones are a bit more delicate in general.

• Advertisement

thanks for the warning wernstorm! i was really thinking about the n96 guess its back to square 1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

agree with E5. Their good auld cheap phone

Thanks for the advice everyone . I am slightly worried about the screen size of the E5 is it big enough so you can surf the internet properly?

Advertisement