Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT email settings for mail app on iPhone/iPod touch

Options
  • 06-11-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've tried searching for solutions to this but can't seem to find anything that works.

I recently purchased an iPhone 4 and I'm trying to set up my DIT email through the Mail app.

The problems I have when going through the steps are:

-what do I use, IMAP or POP?

-what is the Incoming Mail Server Host Name?

-what is the Outgoing Mail Server Host Name?

I assume that the User Name I use is my student number (e.g. c12345678) and the password is the same as I use to login on http://mydit.ie?

Hopefully somebody out there who has it working can share their settings, thank is advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Add a new IMAP account.

Name: [whatever you like]
    Address: [your full DIT e-mail address]
    Description: [whatever you like]

Incoming Mail Server:
    Host Name: mymail.dit.ie
    User Name: your student number, the letter must be a capital
    Password: the password you use to get into mydit.ie

Outgoing Mail Server:
    SMTP: smtp.dit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I noticed that the above settings are outdated but this little link is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

i was having major problems with setting up DIT mail on my iphone 4 in 2011/2012. i had changed my password from the standard one issued (dob) and couldn't setup my email as a result as I kept entering the revised password. i had messed with every setting and eventually a guy in the tech department suggested I use the original password. if you have changed your password you have to use the original one you were issued to setup your email on your phone.

Advertisement