Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Connection

Options
  • 06-11-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,Just looking for anyone out there had bad experience with trying to get a connection into a new house and what they had to do to get something moving or a answer?I am now in week 3 after electrical certs submitted, ducting confirmed and am still awaiting connection. On the 10 day I rang to enquire would conncetion be made today or what was the problem eventually I get a call and they tell me end of November which is like 5-6 week period since submissions were all confirmed. All forms I looked at and agents I speak to is should be in 10 working days. However when ask why is taking so long they are at lengths to give any one reason to explain except everything is ok on screen. So they pass the buck onto local office. Local office also won’t give explanation why delay the girl also has no idea and she will check with who is charge or get them to call back. 3times she has rang me now and given the same statement. ….am still awaiting response where she says Monday the supervisor will ring (on 4th time of asking)

Overall For a full week after the 10(working) days I have followed the esb with their procedures which is a total waste of time. As anytime you speak to them you have to give them 48 hours to respond. I did this on 3 occasions as I was basically given the impression you can ring all you want but we won’t do anything till after 48 hours and after that we will just raise another query and you can wait another 48 hours. I noticed that it didn't take them 48 hours to cash the cheque and take full payment for a service they refuse to honour in a timely fashion or give an answer why they won’t.So anyone out there with advice on what I can do please let me know?</p>
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi thepool700,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems in relation to your new connection. As this is a forum for ESB Customer Supply, unfortunately I'm not in a position to advise you, except in very general terms (we are a separate company from ESB Networks).

You may get useful feedback from users in the Construction & Planning section of boards; otherwise I can only recommend the avenues of contact which are perhaps already familiar to you. If you haven't tried emailing, it may be worth voicing your concerns via this channel.

I know that the general timeframe for a standard new connection is 12 weeks from time of payment; this information can be found here on ESB Networks' website. From my understanding, the 12 weeks must have passed and all other conditions must have been satisfied (ducting and cert, as you mention) before it's a case of breach of charter/policy (in the case of lodging a complaint, this information may be useful to keep in mind).

I hope this is of some help to you, and that you get a speedy resolution of the issue.

Thanks,

David.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You are entitled to €65 if not connected within 2 weeks of cert arriving to them. If they dont pay the €65 within ten days, you are entitles to another €35 on top of that. Its number 6 and 12 of their charter guarantees

Advertisement