Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Change in 2nd year?

Options
  • 06-11-2010 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

I'm in second year in the college but I really don't believe the course is for me. It's almost as if the world agrees with me with all the class I've missed too. I've been so sick all the time and was even rushed to hospital on Wednesday sure. It's not through a lack of bothering.

So there is a course I really want to do. And I'm willing to wait until next september to start again with 1st years. But I was wondering do I have to pay a big fee to do that seeing as I already did first year in the college? Is there a way around it? Can anyone fill me in???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Go down to the union and speak to the president James Clarke he is your educational officer , he should be able to advise you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

careers office is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

careers office is your best bet.

see my above post.In relation to deferral , transferring etc get into the S.U.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

As far as I remember, yes you still do have to pay your fees to start over again in a different course... I think the only time you dont have to do that is if you've gotten a cert (dont think they do these anymore) or degree in a course & then want to move onto another course e.g did computing for 3 years - got degree then transferred to quality management (you go straight into 3rd or 4th year of QM in this case).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes you will be liable for the full fees if you plan on switching courses and starting again. The government will only subsidise you once per year of college and you will have already used up your first year one. Come second year you will then be subsidised again.

This is subject to what happens in the budget of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

draffodx wrote: »
    Yes you will be liable for the full fees if you plan on switching courses and starting again. The government will only subsidise you once per year of college and you will have already used up your first year one. Come second year you will then be subsidised again.

This is subject to what happens in the budget of course.

Lol, this is what I meant to say above but you put it in much better words, thanks draffodx! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cuffesis

how about if i was to switych to a level 7 from a level 8? If they're related courses?

Advertisement