Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S versus Desire HD

Options
  • 05-11-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

I currently have the Galaxy S and love it. However, I have the oppurtunity to get a Desire HD through work for free. In doing so, I would end up just selling the Galaxy S as I would have no need for it.

Any have any experience with both devices?

I have used the Desire HD briefly and what struck initially was the weight and less vivid screen when compared to the Galaxy S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

I currently have the Galaxy S and love it. However, I have the oppurtunity to get a Desire HD through work for free. In doing so, I would end up just selling the Galaxy S as I would have no need for it.

Any have any experience with both devices?

I have used the Desire HD briefly and what struck initially was the weight and less vivid screen when compared to the Galaxy S.

I had the Desire HD before I sent it back due to proximity sensor issues which I think are now sorted bye the way. A guy I work with has a galaxy s my comparison would be the the DHD looks and feels better quality and the OS is nicer to use. The screen is nice and big but not as nice to look at as the galaxy s. I found the galaxy s abit laggy but when its updated to froyo this will probably sort this. Also I dont think the camera on the DHD is as good as it should be.

I went from a Iphone 3GS to the DHD and I am still not sure do I prefer the DHD to the Iphone. The only thing I probably prefer about the DHD is the bigger screen. Saying that I will probably get a refund off vodafone for my DHD I was going to change to a Iphone 4 but vodafone have put the price of it up and dropped the price of the DHD so I might just buy another DHD for the cheaper price lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056074003

I posted this last week. Even with the one click lag fix the galaxy doesn't seem as solid software wise as the Desire was. I'm waiting to get a Desire HD in and I'll be moving to that.

The Galaxy is much lighter though and the screen is more vibrant so if that's most important then stick with Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

As where the Desire HD has a larger screen, better CPU and higher built quality.

So its up to preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Desire would have been my first choice but it was never in stock so I went with the SGS. Didn't regret it at all. Fantastic phone. Although I went from a low end HTC (Smart on O2) to the SGS so that's like comparing apples and oranges....if the apples had no wifi and a resistive touch screen and was worth 1/6th the price of the orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I think I was one of the first on here to get a Galaxy S. I'm finding some of its flaws impossible to defend. Like the laggy software even after the fix.
    Plus, several times the phone has crashed while I was in the middle of a call. I've had mobiles for over 10 years now and never experienced that before.

Oh and the headphones are damaged already.

19.99 for a replacement set from expansys. I have to get the exact same type because the phone jack is not compatible with other in mic headphones due to the fact it uses it for video out.

The phone does have a lot of good features many of which have been spoken about several times on here but at the moment, it's pissing me off. I was planning to get a desire HD but will probably wait until next year to see what the newer models are like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement