Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July concert tickets as Christmas present

Options
  • 05-11-2010 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Was thinking of getting my girlfriend tickets to The Script as Christmas present.

She's a big fan and I recently found out she didn't buy any for March. Checked and the problem is the March ones are all sold out :mad: (they're more popular than I thought and it's a sign I love her as I'd be willing to go even though I'm a classic rock man! :P)

Anyway is the 2nd July date too far out to use these as a Christmas present? I'd imagine these would sell out fast (tickets on sale next week). I also have the problem of her main group of friends possibly buying these and inviting her! (as happened with Take That)

This would be the main part of her present (€100 limit but we breached it last yr lol):) also have books/dvd and perfume as backups.

What does everyone think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if she's that big a fan why not try to arrange to meet the band (its not the hardest of things - find out where they will be before/after a gig and make sure you have access to it)

Ps. - I can email you some pics of them in concert (I work as a photographer) ...and you can try get the lads to sign it and pose for photos with her ...imagine her delight if you could arrange that.

NOTE: its normally only possible to arrange these things a week or two in advance of the actual event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Velocitee

thanks PCPhoto, yeah up close would be better.

Are June/ July tickets acceptable as a christmas present (especially if they're the main present?). The main benefit I see is she has something to build up to and she has her other presents in the meantime anyway.

Bon Jovi is on in June which is why I threw the June in there - I'd prefer to go to him but I'm going to have to try an prise it out of her which she would prefer (I know she like Bon Jovi too) possibly say I've a friend trying to decide for his girlfriend or something to get her opinion.

I don't want to have to tell her friends I'm getting these as one of them may let is slip but at the same time I don't want her invited along if they're going to one of the above...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Get her the tickets! if she's a big fan and they sell out fast then I'm sure she'll be thrilled to get that as a present, no matter how far away it is.

my OH got tickets for eric clapton from his mum couple years ago for christmas, the concert was end of may. she also booked us into a hotel for the night so it was a really nice gift.

when may came around, we were pretty broke and couldn't have afforded to go and pay for accommodation had he not got them as a gift

you could make it a nice weekend away for yourselves:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Definitely get them - as you say yourself, it's something to look forward to!

I think it'd be a good idea to check with her friends first - just ask them to please, please hold their tongues for another few weeks. It would be a bit crap if ye both ended up buying her tickets to the same concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

GO for it..... last year i got 3 tickets for pink as a xmas pressie for me and my girls to see her on june 20th it was also my birthday on the 21st...two for the man in the mirror concert for me and my little one and 3 for my hubby and boys to see munster on st stephens day..the children say its those that are stand out in your mind christmas presents that you will never forget....If you are worried her pals may think of it tell em in advance and let let them play along...IN years to come she will not only remember the concert but also how it was the best Christmas pressent she got from you,well at least it will be up there with the top memorable Every year ones you give her....lol..:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement