Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which class to shine in Cata..?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

So was thinking today...

Pally's and Hunters were fairly unstoppable in WOTLK...

What do you guys think are gonna be the class that shines in Cata?

My money's on the Mage and the Warrior atm!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

I heard locks ... A lot of people have been saying it ... Prot warrs apparently getting worse... fury getting OP which is good for me ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

fury warrior will probably be the easiest to level, victory rush + its glyph + field dressing = tearing through waves of mobs easier then dk's when wrath launched

• Registered Users Posts: 82,037 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mathematically? who the **** cares.

Worgen Feral Druid with Transmute Alchemy :) Man-wolf-walrus-cheetah-lion-bear-mother****ingdragon

alchdrake.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

But is it ready for...
    manbearpig.jpg?

If you count the walrus as the pig: yes. yes it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

what type of ****ing thread is this.

nerf... buff....nerf....buff....nerf....buff....

were not in vanilla anymore, theres no shamans or rogues anymore. everyone is buffed enough for pve cos they cry if they dont feel they can do damage and most classes have a spec for pve for the same reason.

op doesnt make a difference anymore. play sc2 or a dota clone if your looking for op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Someone take a dump in your cornflakes?

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll buff your pally again soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

Einstein wrote: »
    Someone take a dump in your cornflakes?

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll buff your pally again soon...

i wonder if your (almost) 2k posts were all made in the same tone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Blademaster will be unstoppable!

Dustaz wrote: »
    were not in vanilla anymore, theres no shamans or rogues anymore. everyone is buffed enough for pve cos they cry if they dont feel they can do damage and most classes have a spec for pve for the same reason.
    Theres something wrong with letting each class PvP and PvE?

• Advertisement

i wonder if your (almost) 2k posts were all made in the same tone...
    Not at all.

But if someone posts an unreasonable aggressive QQ response (i.e What kind of F**king thread is this) to a subject I merely thought would be interesting I'll respond in kind.

Happy monday ;)

And back on topic, I recently blew the dustoff my pally (lvl 40) and healing is uber fun!

Looking forward to getting him levelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Not at all.

But if someone posts an unreasonable aggressive QQ response (i.e What kind of F**king thread is this) to a subject I merely thought would be interesting I'll respond in kind.

Happy monday ;)

And back on topic, I recently blew the dustoff my pally (lvl 40) and healing is uber fun!

Looking forward to getting him levelled!

He makes perfect sense though.

You literally posted how hunters are unstoppable in wotlk.

If any class is experiencing a dps loss in wotlk then there is a major problem, your new abilities etc are scaled for new content, just like in TBC when every class was scaled up for wotlk content.

We wont know until there has been a couple of raids what classs are doing well.

From beta it does sound like warlocks are making a comeback but as Dustaz rightly said, there is so much crying over a class not doing the same dps as someone else that every class is now viable, which I kind of hate.

It used to be an achievement when I would get my druid topping meters because they are probably the toughest to get high dps with, expecially in the movement fest that is ICC.

TheDoc wrote: »
    He makes perfect sense though.
    Regardless of how much sense he makes or how much he agrees or disagrees..

Spouting What kind of f**king thread is the kind of response I'd expect from an 13 year old, or someone who lives on the blizz forums.

It's cos of reponses like that, that too many people don't post in other forums on this site.

Lets not have the WoW forum sink down to the same levels as AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

what kind of **** thread is this?

Not at all.

Happy monday ;)!

Im sorry, let me me more 'reasonable'

This thread makes no sense.

Is the question in the context of pvp or pve? What do you mean "shine"? Do you mean a class will be so good, other players will be forced to don sunglasses to protect from the dazzle of the brilliance of the class? Will people reroll because its that good?

Simply, what the **** are you talking about. This stinks of the sort of crap that generates this endless "waaah, class X is op with the new patch" without actually understandin WHY certain classes play differently in a patch thats released 2 months early.

My point stands. No class will be allowed to stand out as being the 'best'. I dont know what game you were playing where "paladins and hunters were unstoppable", but it sounds like fun - got a link?

Here , ill make it simple for you. Casters are going to be great untill approx 10 seconds after the first raid weapons start dropping. Then Warriors, Rogues will be godlike with the gear they get before DKs and rets work out what optimal rotations are and start looking awesome. Finally, after about 3 tiers of raiding, casters will come back to the fore as stats start to max out.

Or you could ignore all that previous paragraph and realise that all the fights these days are gimmicks and favour certain classes depending on the mechanic.

Maybe your talking about BGs? Right well, im not even touching that one, ill be playing guitar hero while my bedroom fan plays bg's for me.

Overheal wrote: »
    Theres something wrong with letting each class PvP and PvE?

Not at all, every class should have a role in pvp and pve.

Every class/spec should NOT be able to top meters in pve and every class/spec should not be viable in pvp.

Hybrids shouldnt do more damage than pures and the more utility a class has, the less it should probably do in direct damage.

Regardless of how much sense he makes or how much he agrees or disagrees..

So if it happens that I am correct in calling this a **** thread, it doesnt matter?
    Spouting What kind of f**king thread is the kind of response I'd expect from an 13 year old, or someone who lives on the blizz forums.
    Actually, this thread is what I'd expect to see from a 13 year old or someone who lives on the blizz forums. Im neither and neither do i have a pally btw, so well agree to disagree on that.
    It's cos of reponses like that, that too many people don't post in other forums on this site.
    Alas, Gone are the days that i could respond in an entirely different fashion and thats a reason that a lot of people dont post as well :)

Actually, this thread is what I'd expect to see from a 13 year old or someone who lives on the blizz forums. Im neither and neither do i have a pally btw, so well agree to disagree on that.
    lol why?

If I'd said "quick quick...tellz me which class I should roll so I can out DPS all of you"

...then yes...it's got blizz forum written all over it.

However, I simply asked which classes would shine. Not be OP. Not to QQ.

My apologies for trying to stimulate what is a fairly dead forum.

We're in the dead rubber of expansion atm.

When cata launches the forum will wake up a bit, dont worry.

We're in the dead rubber of expansion atm.

When cata launches the forum will wake up a bit, dont worry.
    i'm not.

• Advertisement

which class can do the best damage in pvp until cata

Rune specced barbarian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Come on Dustaz, we all know Necromancers are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Pandaren Death Knight FTMFW!

Kiith wrote: »
    Come on Dustaz, we all know Necromancers are better.
    i tried to look for necromancer and rune barbarian but no option??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

you need the expansion, its called clitaclysm

gonna level a mage and pala for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

@!!)
    is going to be one of the stronger comps now just because of the amount of utility they'll have and bloodlust from the mage ofc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

they are trying to balance alllllllll classes in the game to be identical in strength..

but who cares if they dont !! its all for fun :cool:

Advertisement