Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a DVD with subtitles

Options
  • 05-11-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Please help me urgently. I need a simple and effective way to get a DivX movie onto a DVD with subtitles (i.e. to play as a normal DVD, with subtitles).

No method I've read so far makes sense or works - I tried the FFmpeg route, but I can't install the codecs for some reason. Toast 9 doesn't have any codecs installed, and it doesn't 'do' subtitles, I think. I also bought a program called Submerge, which, while it kind of works, doesn't work because the movie sound and subtitles are all out of sync when I export.

Please help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Have you got iMovie installed? It should do ever you need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Have you got iMovie installed? It should do ever you need :)
    Unfortunately, since I upgraded to 10.6, my version of iMovie doesn't work anymore.

Ok, now iMovie is working. What now?

Itd be easier if i gave you a link:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Subtitles-to-a-Movie-using-iMovie6

This can explain it better than i can

This works for burning a DVD of a DivX with subtitles? As in, I have a French movie. It has English subtitles. I want to make a DVD so I can watch the movie on a DVD player and it plays the subtitles.

• Advertisement

Once its finished - save it and burn it with iDVD - it should work fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muggyog

Have you tried to copy with Burn?

I did. Could burn a regular DivX to DVD no problem (though it clipped the screen). I couldn't find anything on the net about how to include subtitles in the mix.

Do you have a .srt file? If so this may be of use. If not you will have to find/create one.

Naw, look, none of those are working. Ideas?

• Advertisement

Not working, as you cant find a .srt file for the film, cant add it to dvd, or generally not working?

I have the film AND the .srt. That's the point. How to burn a DVD which will display the subtitles. I have Toast now.

Now that you have actually made the point, Google is your friend! Toast not necessary ( or a note of appreciation).

Advertisement