Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas gift for herself

Options
  • 05-11-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi im with my girfriend bout a year and a half and trying to think what to buy her for xmas. I have bout 500 euro and she is big into fashion so im think off gettin her a pair of christian louboutins r something along those lines...

Now this is where i need your help... Where would i even go to get a pair or are there ne other designer shoes you could recommend. R even another type of gift... I think she has really spashed out on me for my gift so need something good!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Go into Brown Thomas and ask them what they would recommend. Jimmy Choos are also popular. You could also look at bags in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

You could give her the money to go to the sales on December 26th I did that one year for my husband and daughter, they said they had a good day out and were thrilled with all the bargan buys they got....

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

Hard call!

That is a lot of money on shoes or a bag. While I think the surprise would be fantastic there is a big chance she would have picked something different.

Can you "surprise" her with an afternoon in town, lunch, glass of vino,some window shopping and then bring her to pick out her own pressie?

If you go down this route have a few small little stocking fillers for xmas morning also that you have picked yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Don't go and buy her a bag or shoes with 500 quid. Chances are you will get not quite the one she wants. There is also a decent chance she wont realise how much you spent on it, or if she does know how much it cost will be mortified by the price tag.

I would spread the 500 over a few days. Are you spending Christmas day together? If not, how about a small stocking filler for the day, and invite her away for a weekend in the new year? For 500 quid you could get a weekend away in Prague. Its very romantic in winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

syklops wrote: »
    Don't go and buy her a bag or shoes with 500 quid. Chances are you will get not quite the one she wants.
    +1

I think if you're spending that type of money, you'd want to know what exact pair she liked, and know which size & have had her try them on to see if they did fit / were comfy.
    I'm personally so so picky about shoes, I can just about buy them for myself, someone could not walk out & buy me a pair of shoes, I might hate them or might not like how they fit, or whatever.
    It IS a lovely idea, just unless you know she'd definitely love them / the right size would fit then I'd say no.

Getting her some small stuff & then an IOU 'a pair of expensive shoes' or whatever way you'd want to put it would be better (if you're set on it)
    Other than bringing her on a shopping spree thingy, I'd suggest spending the money in other ways. And again if she'd be ok with a shopping spree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paddy1909

syklops wrote: »
    Don't go and buy her a bag or shoes with 500 quid. Chances are you will get not quite the one she wants. There is also a decent chance she wont realise how much you spent on it, or if she does know how much it cost will be mortified by the price tag.

I would spread the 500 over a few days. Are you spending Christmas day together? If not, how about a small stocking filler for the day, and invite her away for a weekend in the new year? For 500 quid you could get a weekend away in Prague. Its very romantic in winter.

what holidays are you going on syklops at 500 euro??
    a weekend in prague expenses included would be well over €1000 imo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

you could get loads of lovely weekends away for 500 euro,hotels and flgihts are cheap these days.
    You could bring her somewhere like carton house in Ireland,it is lovely or send her off to powerscourt health spa for a night.
    And give her some nice little things to open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Travelsalot

Or give her a hotel voucher as stocking filler and she can decide where she'd like to go. They sell Hotels Vouchers for Hotels in Ireland here: http://www.avvio.com/vouchers/Hotels_Ireland_Vouchers/bookings/client.php

Just bought one for my sister as Christmas present. Hope she likes it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

paddy1909 wrote: »
    what holidays are you going on syklops at 500 euro??
    a weekend in prague expenses included would be well over €1000 imo!

The question is, what are you doing in Prague that you spend 1000 euro???

Feckin hell. 1000 euro is 25,000 czk. A beer costs about 35 czk. What are you doing with the other 24,965 crowns???

Right, I have done a bit of research. You can get a nice Hotel for 2, for 4 nights from around 180 euro. If you book in advance you can get flights with Ryanair to Prague from Dublin for 100 euros return each. So that leaves you with 120 euro for food and drink for 4 days/nights, which should be plenty.

Advertisement