Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer contacts from Nokia 3120 to Samsung Galaxy

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi.

My colleague has recetly signed up to threes 95 euro a monthplan and taken a samsung galaxy off them.
    Just a quick question as to how we can get the contacts from one phone to the other?

I tries to bluetooth them yesterday, but the 2 phones wouldnt connect to each other,.

I now have downloaded nokia pc suite in case it can be done this way, and I also have gmail account on the samsung and laptop (in case I can do it this way)

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im guessing using outlook would be handiest.

Gonna move this to android as I think will get best answers

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Gucky wrote: »
    Hi.

My colleague has recetly signed up to threes 95 euro a monthplan and taken a samsung galaxy off them.
    Just a quick question as to how we can get the contacts from one phone to the other?

I tries to bluetooth them yesterday, but the 2 phones wouldnt connect to each other,.

I now have downloaded nokia pc suite in case it can be done this way, and I also have gmail account on the samsung and laptop (in case I can do it this way)

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

From memory so dont quote me, in outlook find the option to export contacts, as a CSV file onto your pc.

Go to google contacts on the net, and select import from CSV file, and locate the CSV file you exported from outlook.

Fingers crossed.

Or, copy contacts to sim on the old phone, put sim in new one and copy contacts from sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

gbob wrote: »
    From memory so dont quote me, in outlook find the option to export contacts, as a CSV file onto your pc.

Go to google contacts on the net, and select import from CSV file, and locate the CSV file you exported from outlook.

Fingers crossed.

Or, copy contacts to sim on the old phone, put sim in new one and copy contacts from sim.

Have it sorted guys.

I used this method.

1, exported contacts to a csv file
    2, logged on to gmail via laptop
    3, imported contacts to his gmail account
    4, used the syncoption on his galaxy.

voila! Everything sorted

Advertisement