Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on my song

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I really like it!

I love your voice and the instumental.

If there's one small criticism I could make, it's that the the second verse seems to be of the same tone as the chorus so it feels like a continuation of the chorus which makes it seem to go on forever. But, all the same, I find myself waiting for the chorus and then singing it alond.

Good luck with your song!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazy chester

Thanks very much!

Thats the problem i had, i have 6 verses in total telling the whole story but the song lasted over 5 minutes so in cutting the time back i had to sacrifice 2 verses.
    If i post the full song would you have a listen and give me an idea if either of the 2 verses i cut would suit better?

And thanks again for your feedback, really appreciate it!:)

I'll do that Chester.

I only discovered this forum today, as somebody who really loves music I'm enjoying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I really enjoyed that.

As kelle says, you have a great voice and the music was really nice

Again thanks for the positive reply!

I had a look at your request for a song there Tallon and ill have a go over the weekend for ye!

Kelle, Ill post the "extended":D version when i get home this evening

Crazy chester

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I had a look at your request for a song there Tallon and ill have a go over the weekend for ye!

haha, that would be brilliant

Thanks

Hi kelle but for some reason i cant upload the long version of the song. Il post lyrics instead to give you an idea?

Are you able to send it by PM?

Did you write it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CockleHocker

Hi Chester. I have to say right off, that I'm not a big fan of country at all, but I really enjoyed this. The lyrics really tugged on my heartstrings. The guitar work was great and you have a really nice voice.
    It's pretty damn catchy as well!
    Well done!

PM sent

Yes i wrote the song.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment.

• Advertisement

Hi, Chester

I was listening to the song again, the third verse had me in tears! Now a lot of listeners love to have a verse that tugs at their heartstrings like that (my dear mother did, Lord rest her!), but I personally would prefer it replaced by the second verse you sent by PM

(The men they say, soon this killing will end
    I pray to Good it will
    Then we will marry at the old church bell
    And build our house on the hill)

Thank you so much for your input! I will change the verses around. Cant believe I nearly had you in tears! Dont mean to sound funny but im kinda happy i can evoke those emotions through my song!

Once again thanks for all the positive feedback!"

Ok folks ive posted a few more tracks and also looking for some feedback on these.

**Please note these were recorded last year as a rough reminder so i wouldnt forget the melody, structure etc..:rolleyes: and they are first takes so the vocals and guitar work are very VERY ropey!:D**

Any feedback welcome! Thanks!

http://soundcloud.com/crazy-chester/shine-on

http://soundcloud.com/crazy-chester/its-too-late

http://soundcloud.com/crazy-chester/midnight-legend

Advertisement