Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Norman Bates

Options
  • 05-11-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Just when I thought this country couldn't be more fukked up. Woman dies in September and her is driving around Ireland and the UK with her body :eek:

The body of an elderly woman that was taken from a plane in Gatwick Airport and unofficially driven to Co Kerry by her son for burial is thought to be back in the UK.

Gardai believe the woman's body may have been driven to the UK via Northern Ireland by her son after he was warned by a coroner that if he did not bury the body it would be confiscated and put in cold storage at his expense.

The matter came to light when Kerry Coroner Terence Casey was contacted by the gardai after the landlord of a rented house in Kenmare reported there was a dead body lying in repose there.

"The man had contacted his landlord saying he would have to break the terms of his lease because his mother had taken ill in Malta," Mr Casey told the Irish Independent. "When the landlord called to the house to clean it, he met the man who told him his mother was lying in repose upstairs if he wanted to pay his respects."

The landlord then notified the gardai that there was a dead body in the house. Gardai contacted the coroner, who served a notice on him on October 25 that if he did not bury his mother the body would be confiscated and put in cold storage art his expense.

When gardai called to the house a number of days later to see if the man had complied with the coroner's request there was no trace of the body or him.

"There had not been hair or trace or him ever since and we don't know what he did with the body," Mr Casey said.

He added that his concern was that the body would have begun to decompose, even though it had been embalmed, and would pose a threat to public health.

The woman had died in Malta in September and her body was repatriated to the UK. Mr Casey said her body had been collected at Gatwick Airport by her son, who then drove it to Ireland in his car without contacting the authorities.

"You are supposed to notify the authorities, you cannot just bring a body into the country, and this was not authorised. I checked the paperwork into the UK and this was in order, and I gave the relative an ultimatum that he organise a burial or I would confiscate the body," Mr Casey said.

He also said that because the body was no longer believed to be in Kerry, the matter had moved outside his jurisdiction.

The woman and her relative are understood to be originally from the UK but had been living in Kenmare for some time.

Two separate funeral directors in Kenmare confirmed they had not been approached to make funeral arrangements.

- Majella O'Sullivan

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/son-flees-to-uk-with-mothers-body-2408595.html
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

tha's naasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Typical culchies for you (yes i am aware it says they are originally from the UK, i don’t care though haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

The wierd saga of the Maltese mummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Whoa, it's like Weekend at Bernie's only with more yuckles and less chuckles...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

*note to self*

Do not pull in at any B&Bs that are in the middle of nowhere.

People are so quick to judge, maybe he just wanted to make a jacket out of her skin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Duggy747 wrote: »
    *note to self*

Do not pull in at any B&Bs that are in the middle of nowhere.

People are so quick to judge, maybe he just wanted to make a jacket out of her skin?

your going to hell for that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Ah the poor guy, he obviously has issues.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What's that mother?

Flee the country?

If you say so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Pack up your mother in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pinkyponk2

Heard this on the radio today, pretty shocking!

They said its thought he was driving his car with his mothers corpse either in the boot or sitting in the passenger seat :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

pinkyponk2 wrote: »
    Heard this on the radio today, pretty shocking!

They said its thought he was driving his car with his mothers corpse either in the boot or sitting in the passenger seat :eek:

Well you know what thought did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

He prob has her in the backseat with sunglasses on her

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eddie O'Gein?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pinkyponk2

syklops wrote: »
    Well you know what thought did.

Peed in his bed and thought he was sweating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

pinkyponk2 wrote: »
    Peed in his bed and thought he was sweating?

My primary teacher used to say, stuck a feather in the ground and thought a hin(she meant hen) would grow. Everytime I heard this, I wanted to scream at her "Is school not about learning to think for your self??". As it turns out, its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

He'll soon be an expert at formaldehiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Typical culchies for you (yes i am aware it says they are originally from the UK, i don’t care though haha)

Your intelligence truly stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What has this got to do with Norman Bates? The man didn't kill his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Confab wrote: »
    What has this got to do with Norman Bates? The man didn't kill his mother.

Norman Bates wasn't a fan of burials :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I see a film in this. Not sure what type of film though....

So long as it has a Benny Hill style chase scene in it, it'll be great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement