Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do not pass go, don't not collect....

Options
  • 05-11-2010 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

OK, so the economy has tanked, there is a lot of anger, there is evidence and allegations of dubious practices all the way up to embezzlment, fraud, and some would even argue treason from our politicians and financiers. So wearing slightly rose coloured glasses, but trying to keep it within the realms of realism, looking at our politicians

1) Who should be charged?
    2) By whom?
    3) What crime should they be charged with?
    4) What penalty does that carry?
    5) Why won't they be charged?
    6) In your opinion is the answer to question 5, one of the major reasons that politics in Ireland is (to paraquote HST, a shallow plastic trench stuffed with money where pimps and whores run free and good men die like dogs)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Liabalicious comments to follow no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Ellian wrote: »
    OK, so the economy has tanked, there is a lot of anger, there is evidence and allegations of dubious practices all the way up to embezzlment, fraud, and some would even argue treason from our politicians and financiers. So wearing slightly rose coloured glasses, but trying to keep it within the realms of realism, looking at our politicians

1) Who should be charged? - Everyone
    2) By whom? - Me
    3) What crime should they be charged with? - Everything
    4) What penalty does that carry? - Death
    5) Why won't they be charged? - Arseholes
    6) In your opinion is the answer to question 5, one of the major reasons that politics in Ireland is (to paraquote HST, a shallow plastic trench stuffed with money where pimps and whores run free and good men die like dogs) - No comprende

We all know who's guilty and we all know what should be done. The problem is this country's laws are made to protect the elite and punish the poor. The constitution is nothing more than a piece of paper with ink on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

Wasn't meant to be an invitation to libel and apologies to mods if they read it that way. I am just interested as trying to follow it from abroad and sometimes it is difficult to discern the reality of the situation, unclouded by anger and or political persuasion. So I was just curious, given that there has been a lot of talk in the vein of "they should go to jail, but this is Ireland so we'll just have more cute hoorism", I was wondering if there is a legal case to be built against anyone in the government, as per my questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

1) everybody involved
    2) the legal system
    3) all the crimes they commited
    4) nothing
    5) they are above the law
    6) yes

Dur pa der derrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    De tuk er jubssssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

1) Who should be charged? You
    2) By whom? Mod
    3) What crime should they be charged with? Pollitical Thread in AH
    4) What penalty does that carry? Site Banned
    5) Why won't they be charged? " Bring out the Mod "
    "The Mod is sleeping"

• Advertisement

Yeah - fair point - was looking at other political threads in AH and having a WALL-E spork moment. Guess I chose wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Ellian wrote: »

1) Who should be charged?
    2) By whom?
    3) What crime should they be charged with?
    4) What penalty does that carry?
    5) Why won't they be charged?
    6) In your opinion is the answer to question 5, one of the major reasons that politics in Ireland is (to paraquote HST, a shallow plastic trench stuffed with money where pimps and whores run free and good men die like dogs)

Why the focus on politicians ? There is no crime of 'incompetence as I perceive it contrary to the I've Had Enough Of this Bollix Act of 2010'.

Lets charge everyone who voted for them as well.

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Why the focus on politicians ? There is no crime of 'incompetence as I perceive it contrary to the I've Had Enough Of this Bollix Act of 2010'.

Lets charge everyone who voted for them as well.

OK, that's what I was asking. So despite all the angry rhetoric, no actual crimes have been committed. Just a load of greed, avarice and incompetence?

Advertisement