Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dose anyone else think

Options
  • 05-11-2010 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

that the giving up smoking adds you see on the tele,dose anyone else find them a nuiscence and just a complete tease back onto the ciggs:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Yeah...just lyk dose bck 2 edukaton ads. Der feirce annoyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Yes, I like to think, it appears, however, you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

The only ad i can think of is with an ould fella with gray hair and a moustache. He wouldn't be my idea of a tease..but whatever you're into yourself i suppose.

ah you're a "dose"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

See your doctor.
    It's just an ad for doctors.IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

that the giving up smoking adds you see on the tele,dose anyone else find them a nuiscence and just a complete tease back onto the ciggs:)

I actually quit smoking for about 6 months and every time I saw those adds I thought about smoking so yes, I did find them incredibly irritating. Fortunately I started smoking again because I got fat and I stopped watching telly. Win win situation.

Oh, and it's does not dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

flanum wrote: »
    ah you're a "dose"!

You posted just to point out a spelling mistake?

Well done flanum, you are the Spell Check of AHs.

Is your ego inflated enough, or have you more on this subject?

..and you sharpshooter,YOU posted just to point out the fact i picked out a spelling mistake... without contributing to the thread at all... does this make you the AH 2nd hand pedantic post whore?

really i could have worded that better.. basically what i was trying to say was ... i dot have 27odd thousands posts to me name and you jumped on to me like a hawk but you didnt actually add anything of use to the op original post... oh i couldnt be arsed... im only here until i run out of bottles of beer!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

..and you sharpshooter,YOU posted just to point out the fact i picked out a spelling mistake... without contributing to the thread at all... does this make you the AH 2nd hand pedantic post whore?

Not at all flanum.

I posted as a mod of AHs to let you know Grammar Nazis are not welcome here.

See this post in the AH Charter.
    Not everybody is as perfect as you are. Some people have learning difficulties. Some people are dyslexic. Some people are stupid and finally some people just don't care about their spelling and grammar. It's not your job to police them. If a post is illegible, contains excessive text speak or lacks paragraphs/punctuation etc., you may point it out nicely. Once. If someone has already done so, leave it alone.

If someone is an established user and their spelling/grammar is not great, they have probably had it brought to their attention many times before. There is no need to highlight it again.

Feel free to report any posts that may need moderator attention.

really i could have worded that better.. basically what i was trying to say was ... i dot have 27odd thousands posts to me name and you jumped on to me like a hawk but you didnt actually add anything of use to the op original post... oh i couldnt be arsed... im only here until i run out of bottles of beer!!

I just posted to put you straight, if you have a problem with that report my post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement