Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro tools 9 eh?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭SeanHurley

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-Tools-Software?intcmp=AV-HP-S2

Might as well start this..someone has to!

No big secrets I suppose, it seems to have everything it was rumored to have.

It's pricey enough I suppose, but it's great that they FINALLY have the standalone option.

I think it is priced fairly enough. €249 crossgrade from PTLE seems about right considering the huge leap forward. Bit miffed that my Music Production Toolkit is now worthless, although it has paid for itself at this stage I suppose.

PT 9 looks fairly sweet to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

Great news for me........

I took delivery of an aurora 16 last week & was considering the HD native route, just to get the 16 channels of aurora into pro tools. Now, all i have to do is get an aes16e card & i'm sorted.

Adc & extra track count also answers all my Le problems.

Well happy to pay the E250 for such a huge upgrade to my system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭ Guadalupe Sticky Stretcher

Good to see they finally do standalone. Makes me a bit sad now purchasing a 002rack a few years ago. I see its compatible though so just have to wait until it becomes "available" in my area ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

standalone option. this mean that ya don't have to buy a mbox or any other digidesign interfaces ya can just whap a mixer into it and fire away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭ Guadalupe Sticky Stretcher

I'm assuming it does, you would still need an interface to power mics etc or be limited to whats on your own sound card.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

Standalone is handy when you're working at home on a laptop for mixing. You need an ilok attached for PT to run though. Great for listening to mixes on headphones away from the studio.

I've just installed it..........looking good so far.

Another huge advantage apart from the obvious, is a pro tools aggregate I/O. Which, if i'm not mistaken, allows multiple interfaces to be used for a total of 32 I/O.

Christmas has come early for me.

Advertisement