Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Paddy Power offer odds on....

Options
  • 05-11-2010 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

........the IMF ( International Monetary Fund ) being called in to sort out the disaster area that is the current Budgetary position ?
    A lot of economists /commentators reckon the IMF will be in the Department of Finance by the end of March 2011 ( personally I think it will be sooner than that ).
    Now what I know about gambling would fit under a flie's foreskin but given Paddy Powers propensity for attention-grabbing odds/bets do you reckon they might offer odds on such an occurence ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Only one way to find out.
    They have accommodated me with similar requests in the past.

support@paddypower.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

delancey42 wrote: »
    ........the IMF ( International Monetary Fund ) being called in to sort out the disaster area that is the current Budgetary position ?
    A lot of economists /commentators reckon the IMF will be in the Department of Finance by the end of March 2011 ( personally I think it will be sooner than that ).
    Now what I know about gambling would fit under a flie's foreskin but given Paddy Powers propensity for attention-grabbing odds/bets do you reckon they might offer odds on such an occurence ?
    You'd only get a small bet on it I would imagine at pretty short odds.

You'd make more money trading Irish bond prices which would topple further given the above scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Incorporating Haj

delancey42 wrote: »

Please let me know if you make any progress on this - more than happy to profit off a PP adverting campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭cards

I think it must be a heavy odds on shot too.Out of curiosity how would people price it up? I 'd go ..........1/6! Short but it has just seemed ineviatable for a long time.Bluetonic, can you give any more info about how a person would go about trading the Irish bond prices you mention.Is its difficult to do etc..as have no experience of buying shares or anything like that.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

ft9 wrote: »
    Only one way to find out.
    They have accommodated me with similar requests in the past.

support@paddypower.com

Ok , Powers say the request has gone to the trading dept. for a price but they are not guaranteeing a price will be given.

My guess is they may be afraid of being accused of ' national sabotage ' but who knows ? Will keep you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

doubt they'd price it up

cant see anything about the budget on there, they are afraid of their life, the government go after them for online profits or hurt their shop trade anymore by sticking up the betting tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

You may well be right shaggy - just heard back and they are declining to offer prices , oh well would have been an interesting one :rolleyes:

Advertisement