Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the best place in Limerick to get wet gear

Options
  • 04-11-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

i need it for work coming into the winter months, dont mind paying for it
    as ill get an allowance from work, want something warm, waterproof and durable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭phog

This thread might be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

There's an outdoorsman shop on fox's bow if I remember correctly, next to the hair dressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

What do you need the kit for? If it's for keeping the rain off while labouring or something then you should pick up non-breathable coveralls for cheap in Dunnes or DIY shops. If you are doing high intensity stuff or if it's for commuting you should look into Radar stores in Foxes Bow, as mentioned by Gneez or Emerald Alpine on Roches(?) Street who may still have their 50% off sale still going. Highly reccomended online alternatives are CRC or Jackson Sports who offer free shipping. Breathable clothing is more expensive and definately not as durable as the cheap non-breathable stuff.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com
    http://www.jackson-sports.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

I use Flexothane, buy on line or maybe the CO-OP Shop in Parteen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 griangraf

i need it for work coming into the winter months, dont mind paying for it
    as ill get an allowance from work, want something warm, waterproof and durable

I work outside in the winter and I got my stuff up in Emerald Alpine on Roches Street, wait till sales tho. Got a 400 quid ski jacket for half price and has never left water in yet.

Also as concussion said Chain Reaction cycles (www.chainreactioncycles.com) are very good, they are based in the north but are Europes biggest cycle/ski shop :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement