Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky eye - splitting the sky signal

Options
  • 04-11-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have 1 sky plus box and 3 tvs. I want to put sky eyes on two of the TVs. Thus I need to split the SKY signal in 2. I bought a Labgear CA121 2 way amplifier with bypass to do this but find that it does not appear to work for me (when I connect the RF-out signal from the box to the TV IN connection the unit does not power up - I have power enabled on the sky box. It does power up if I connect the RF OUT signal to an OUT connection on the amplifier but that seems wrong as it has two OUTS and one TV IN. I assume the RF OUT should connect to TV IN and then the 2 OUTs to my magic eyes)

Enough rambling. Does anyone know of a 2 way amplifier I can use to allow me connect two magic eyes to my Sky box? I don't have a power point so the amplifier itself will need to power off the sky box two.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

albob wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have 1 sky plus box and 3 tvs. I want to put sky eyes on two of the TVs. Thus I need to split the SKY signal in 2. I bought a Labgear CA121 2 way amplifier with bypass to do this but find that it does not appear to work for me (when I connect the RF-out signal from the box to the TV IN connection the unit does not power up - I have power enabled on the sky box. It does power up if I connect the RF OUT signal to an OUT connection on the amplifier but that seems wrong as it has two OUTS and one TV IN. I assume the RF OUT should connect to TV IN and then the 2 OUTs to my magic eyes)

Enough rambling. Does anyone know of a 2 way amplifier I can use to allow me connect two magic eyes to my Sky box? I don't have a power point so the amplifier itself will need to power off the sky box two.

Thanks

http://www.tvtrade.ie/labgear-4-way-tvlink-amplifier.html

I've used many of these, they're perfect for what you need.

Or you can get a 2 way one on the same site for 2 or 3 euro less:

http://www.tvtrade.ie/labgear-2-way-tvlink-amplifier.html

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭albob

Finne1993 wrote: »

Or you can get a 2 way one on the same site for 2 or 3 euro less:

http://www.tvtrade.ie/labgear-2-way-tvlink-amplifier.html

This is exactly the one I already have. I found that the power light would not come on when I connected the RF OUT from the box to the TV IN signal on the box. The power light only comes on if I connect it to one of the two OUT ports but surely that is wrong....right?
    Thanks

Advertisement