Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X10 1.6 Vs 2.1

Options
  • 04-11-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

So everyone more and more people are getting the 2.1 upgrade.
    (By the way irish launch on 3 is hopefully end of next week)

So what do you like and what do you miss?

I like,
    Speed, style & live wallpapers.

I miss my arc unlock.
    Also miss the sony ericsson keypad.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

mooneyd wrote: »

I like,

I miss my arc unlock.

Love the speed--The phone is really really fast now.
    New interface is great.
    Live wallpapers.
    On screen keyboard is a million times more accurate.
    More apps in the market for 2.1
    HD recording is amazing.
    More homescreens although I had 5 in 1.6 with ADW.

Dont miss the arc cos it was always laggy.
    Keypad I never missed since I use adw launcher.

Install titanium backup and remove all the Sony crap and its even faster.
    I`ll compile a list of removable stuff when I get a minute but Moxier is number 1 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

yea iv never used it....

my phone was direct from sony so didnt have too many of the crappy apps and setting the networks wanted to put on them...

I have to say iv got a 1.6 and 2.1 here and other than the body of the phone they are like different phones

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Wait. What!? The upgrade is out. Can't seem to get it on Meteor yet (Xperia X10 Mini Pro)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So everyone more and more people are getting the 2.1 upgrade.
    (By the way irish launch on 3 is hopefully end of next week)

I like,

I miss my arc unlock.

Any word on the O2 IE firmware? I went to nordic generic anyway, but i was thinking of flashing back to O2 once it becomes available.

TBH, speed is not something that i noticed once i upgraded. I found it very laggy in the home screen and launcher menu until i installed LauncherPro from the market and it now runs way smoother.

I like the way angry birds now works :)

I miss the arc unlock too, a lot of people complain it was buggy, but it wasn't really for me! I keep doing the arc motion when I go to unlock my phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Any word on the O2 IE firmware? I went to nordic generic anyway, but i was thinking of flashing back to O2 once it becomes available.

The week starting the 22nd of November according the a moderator on the 02 blog.

I actually can't think of any cons to add to the pros with regards to the 2.1 update because every single aspect of the phone has changed for the better IMO.

Btw has anyone else noticed how much the battery life has improved? I checked my phone a few hours ago and the battery was at 41% after 2d 18h 26m 34s of mild use, ie: a couple of calls/texts, downloaded a few apps, used Google Maps, played a few games of Angry Birds and checked Facebook a few times (I have it synced too).

That's amazing considering I couldn't even get 24 hours out of my phone when I first got it way back in April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Raekwon wrote: »
    The week starting the 22nd of November according the a moderator on the 02 blog.

Thanks! Really don't think i could have waited that long!!

My battery is now just at 70% after about 10 hours unplugged. I use the wifi a lot in work though and it drains it pretty quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Thanks! Really don't think i could have waited that long!!

My battery is now just at 70% after about 10 hours unplugged. I use the wifi a lot in work though and it drains it pretty quickly!

Me neither, my patients was wearing way too thin especially after the previous delay in September.

That's not too bad considering that Wi-Fi (along with Bluetooth & GPS) are probably the biggest battery drainers. My battery is at 24% now but I tested out the HD video camera earlier and made/received a few calls & texts. The battery usage now indicates 3d 5h 46m 40s since unplugged. Sweet! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Why?Youre always better haivng generic firmware as you get updates quicker.Check my post out regarding vodafone on the x10.

Original 1.6 firmware is all thats available at the minute.Theres been about 15 upgrades to that and voda havent implemented any of them so I see 2.1 on Voda a long way off.

TBH, speed is not something that i noticed once i upgraded. I found it very laggy in the home screen and launcher menu until i installed LauncherPro from the market and it now runs way smoother.

Its laggy until the new update settles apparently.A reboot did it for me.No lag at all.
    I like the way angry birds now works :)

Havent tried it out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

I miss my arc unlock.
    It's still there. It's deactivated by default, just like when you buy a new phone.

To activate it go to settings -> location & security -> set unlock pattern. Follow the onscreen instructions.

It works the exact same way, but its appearance isn't as nice as in 1.6 (in my opinion).

I know 3's team will be signing off on their software this week So id say the update will be out next week.

• Advertisement

number_1 wrote: »
    It's still there. It's deactivated by default, just like when you buy a new phone.

To activate it go to settings -> location & security -> set unlock pattern. Follow the onscreen instructions.

It works the exact same way, but its appearance isn't as nice as in 1.6 (in my opinion).

no I mean the arc to unlock the screen. Not the security lock

Advertisement