Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking bill pay phone to use pay as you go

Options
  • 04-11-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

is there any way to unlock a phone that's on bill pay so it will work on a pay as you go plan? my aunt is on billpay, and she got a new phone ( think they're able to get a free phone now and again on bill pay) anyways she got the new phone, doesn't like it and gave it to my cousin, now she's using her old phone. So the question is. the phone was on vodafone bill pay, can it be unlocked to take pay as you go meteor? and if so is this done the same was as just unlocking the phone from it's provider. I read on Vodafone.ie that they can tell you a code that will make the phone work with all other providers but not sure if it will then take pay as you go too or is that a different unlocking technique?
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What is the make of phone you are trying unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

sony ericsson. X10 mini, i think.. or else it's the pro.. most likely the pro though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Locking has nothing to do with Pre-pay or bill-pay, it's a network operator lock only.

Any time I've unlocked a phone, I've looked on eBay for a solution. Usually it costs around £10, and you will probably need the cable that connects it to a PC, and be connected to the Internet when unlocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

a lad i know had an O2 phone from bill pay that now takes pay as you go meteor.. don;t know how he did it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

there are tons of phone unlocking places in town - theres a few on Moore Street. There are sites on the internet that you can buy unlocking codes from as well - might be handier to bring phone into an unlocking shop though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement