Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest - Lost and Found

Options
  • 04-11-2010 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey, so I went on my first holiday with my bf to Oktoberfest... had a blast, got to see all the sights aswell as have the germans and other internationals drink us under the table... only thing is one of the nights we were drinking, we were being ushered out of the beer garden after closing time i stupidly left my camera behind on the table. Completely my own fault! it was a crappy camera, falling to bits, but the photos mean so much to us... i've tried emailing the munich lost and found centre, where everything that hasn't been claimed is sent after oktoberfest, still no reply and calling...but all i get is like the old dial up tone for the internet on the other end... I know it's a long shot, but i'd really like to get through to someone and ask!!
    Has anybody got any ideas why the dial tone is like that or how i can get through to someone, anyone!!, that can help me out??!
    Any help would be really appreciated... thanks in advance!!x

here's the number i've been ringing and the address i've sent the mail to
    +49 (0)89 233 459 05
    fundbuero.kvr@muenchen.de

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That's a fax number.

Details (in German) here: http://www.muenchen.de/Rathaus/kvr/ordnung/fundbuero/38456/index.html You don't need German to pick out the phone number and opening hours from the page!

The site also asks for e-mails to be sent as plain text, not HTML. I did a dig around for an english version of that page to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sorchaniri

hi,
    i'm based in munich and will try and help you get in touch with the lost and found if you like. contact me via pm and we'll take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I did a dig around for an english version of that page to no avail.
    Just view in Chrome/Chromium and use the translator.

20icl01.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vonniec

thanks for the help!! i was using the number privided on the official oktoberfest site, it didn't specify whether or not it was a fax number... my bad!!

Advertisement