Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Poker - Bad Service - Disconnect down 5$

Options
  • 04-11-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

Ok so 5$ isn't a lot of money but here is the situation.

I have just started heads up against another person. Then all of a sudden my connection seems to go down. Within 3 minutes I am back online, the poker software says that it is recovering the table that I was on but then a blank table with nothing comes up... OK I close the whole client down and open again but no attempt to recover.

I'm down 5.25$ and have contacted Paddy power and they have told me they can't do anything because it was my connection. But my connection was fine since I was able to talk online with one of their reps when it was happening... Some bug in the software stopped the game from resuming and now they are refusing to credit me the 5.25$

I'm p*ssed. I play a lot of poker on their site and this is just really bad form.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I don't play with PPP, I believe that they're on iPoker?

Anyway, it's a small amount of money so if you email them again and be calm and very clear on what happened then they may give in.

A few things come to mind. It probably was your connection in so far as your WAN interface flapped, perhaps even giving you a new IP. When it came back up again the software attempted to reopen your table, and this is where there seems to have been a software flaw. If you're talking about a tournament/SNG (ie you're still sitting at a table with chips even though you can't see it) then next time if the tables don't automatically open when you login you can usually force them to open by locating the table in the lobby or search feature. Be sure to point out in your mail that it's the failure to reopen the tables that you're complaining about. Although, if you were talking to support at the time then surely they addressed this?

Computers are complex and bugs can occur due to impossible to foresee interactions with other software or drivers on your system. Even if that wasn't the case here, from PPP's point of view it certainly could be the case so you're really at their mercy as far as a refund goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

This has happened to me a number of times on the ipoker network. Once i had the nuts in a cash game and due to losing connection i lost ober €400 in the pot becuase as i went to call an all in the connection went.

They will say its your connection but i have never had it happen on different poker networks and any other normal website, it only seems to happen on ipoker but PPP and Boyles dont want anything to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

simply move to another poker network, i've had this happen more than once. i wouldn;t give powers another penny. played on PP for 2-3 years and not once did they offer a bonus. the sites a joke.

i closed both my pp and boyles accounts.

I play $3/6 cash games and $100 HU and when i was leaving PP offered my a token for a tourney to the value of 0.50 thats not even rake in one cash game. I think that was a massive insult

Good luck Paddy ye Bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭BillShorey

Were you playing on a wireless network? There's a known issue with ipoker software and wireless networks that make it pretty unwise to play there for any meaningful stakes unless you're on a wired network. I used to play on Ipoker and found that my connection would drop sporadically while working fine on everything else.

Truth be told, the ipoker software is absolutely terrible when compared to other large networks that are available. It's years behind sites like FullTilt, PokerStars and even Merge Gaming.

The other sites offer a lot more than Ipoker ever can: Rakeback, bonuses, reward schemes such as a decent points store, steps systems for large live events etc etc. The only decent thing about Ipoker (and more specifically Paddy Power and Boyles) is that they offer small field satellites into events. The games used to be softer there, but most people have voted with their wallets and have left.

Move site and close your account with Paddy Power if you're not intending on playing there again. They're so far behind the competition that they need people walking to give them a kick up the arse to do something about offering real value to customers.

They are extremely good for betting with, I'll give them that, but their poker department is really lacking.

• Advertisement

BillShorey wrote: »
    Were you playing on a wireless network? There's a known issue with ipoker software and wireless networks that make it pretty unwise to play there for any meaningful stakes unless you're on a wired network. I used to play on Ipoker and found that my connection would drop sporadically while working fine on everything else.

Truth be told, the ipoker software is absolutely terrible when compared to other large networks that are available. It's years behind sites like FullTilt, PokerStars and even Merge Gaming.

The other sites offer a lot more than Ipoker ever can: Rakeback, bonuses, reward schemes such as a decent points store, steps systems for large live events etc etc. The only decent thing about Ipoker (and more specifically Paddy Power and Boyles) is that they offer small field satellites into events. The games used to be softer there, but most people have voted with their wallets and have left.

Move site and close your account with Paddy Power if you're not intending on playing there again. They're so far behind the competition that they need people walking to give them a kick up the arse to do something about offering real value to customers.

They are extremely good for betting with, I'll give them that, but their poker department is really lacking.

I fully agree they are lightyears behind the others and offer no real promotions. I love the step systems on poker stars its a great deal. The nest deal out of paddy and boyle is a ****ty freeroll with first place winning $5

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Given the way this is going, I think it might be better suited to the Poker forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Thanks for responses.

Paddy power refused to refund me the 5$ and blamed my connection.

I'm p1ssed because I was on talking with the paddy power rep at the time and I had the poker client open and could join other games I just couldn't get back into the previous session... The software was at fault. He was telling me to reboot my computer etc...

There is little chance I was blinded out because the game was just starting I was at 1300. Blinds were small enough.

Ah well someone got an easy 5$ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

The thing that I liked about Paddy power was the instant withdraw.

Do other sites offer this?

I will leave Paddy power tomorrow if thats the case.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

FYI the problem isn't just with Paddys, it's the whole ipoker network that is the problem, i.e. their software is sh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

i found this always happening on skypoker,i played alot of s&gs with them since the competition wasnt great and i was forever losing connection and being denied access back into the game even though i WAS connected to the net and able to enter another game. nothing more annoying, especially late in a tourament

Advertisement