Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless in WGB/Connolly

Options
  • 04-11-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question - is there wireless for laptops in these buildings or will I have to save Blackboard notes beforehand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I checked it out here, and neither of those buildings have wireless. I'm genuinely surprised WGB isn't listed, though the list looks a bit dated so I'm not sure how accurate it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

There is wireless in the WGB alright, but (for me anyway) it needs a proxy to connect which is: 10.255.255.10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Jay P wrote: »
    I checked it out here, and neither of those buildings have wireless. I'm genuinely surprised WGB isn't listed, though the list looks a bit dated so I'm not sure how accurate it is...

That's completely out of date, if you look at the map for West campus wgb isn't even built yet.

But yeah op, there is wireless in wgb as the above poster said. Same UCC Students network as main campus. You should be able to set firefox or whatever to automatically detect proxy settings though as opposed to manually entering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

None in Connolly.
    Google Chrome refused to work in WGB but was able to use IE there.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

My wireless works perfectly in WGB, didn't have to enter the proxy or anything - you have to be registered on the students wireless network. Use Google Chrome the whole time, though one point of note is that I've found if you are using Chrome on campus, and then hibernate your laptop or just close the lid, when I try to use the internet again, it won't load, I have to restart the laptop, so maybe that was the problem with regards Chrome??

There is an open access computer lab in Connolly that you can use instead of your laptop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Aras na Laoi also seems to be a wireless blackspot.

Advertisement