Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTerry goes to Trinity, 4/11

Options
  • 04-11-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but Sir Terry will be giving a talk at Trinity College Dublin tonight (4 Nov), on the topic "The importance of being absolutely amazed about everything". Details at http://www.tcd.ie/English/ : no charge, but you have to request 1-2 tickets by email at the address provided.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

ARGH! How did I miss this!??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It wasn't very well advertised outside Trinity, apparently. I was too late, got a pro forma email saying "unless we get returns, forget it". Since no-one paid for tickets, of course there were never going to be returns. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Laserhead wrote: »
    ARGH! How did I miss this!??

Is it mean of me to say... I didn't!

:-D

There will be a podcast of it on the Trinity website though. I haven't seen any sign of it yet though. If I get pointed towards the link at any point I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

This rocked! I won the tickets through Newstalk, by the way....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Laserhead

• Advertisement
Advertisement