Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daly's Lane - Petty Councillor or Cheeky Businessman?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

From this story in the Limerick Post.

- My first instinct is that Pat Shortt's Brother surely should have something better to be doing with his time than denying this title in favour of the dumb place holder of Road No. 369?

Is this really all that Pat Shortt's Brother has got on his agenda right now? That City must be in ship shape otherwise so in all fairness......

Let him have his Calendars and let him have his Lane I say :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Petty councillor!

The city is on its knees and he is concerned by this!

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Well he says the council agreed it at the time. IF they did, surely it would be recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Shortt does seem to be making a habit of getting involved in petty or trivial things in the little time he has had since being elected to a position I doubt he would have gotten if not for having a more famous sibling.

Isn't this the second or third time that the council or a council member have found a petty reason to go after the garage owner?

Was it not the same garage owner that was fined or threatened with a fine for having a topless calender in his private office?

Plus if the nameplate has been up for at least 15 years, why has it taken so long for it to become a big enough issue for the council to want it down now?

Also Shortt put it forward to be discussed at last week's council meeting and then did not even turn up to discuss it? Pretty much shows his interest in things and his ability to fail to follow up on his own complaint.

A nothing issue is all it is, being brought forward by an elected official who has done nothing of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

When Shortt called to my door during elections he was using the skate park as his No1 issue,now look at the state of the area with drug dealers etc. using the place.He recently spoke at a meeting in Caherdavin and was told to sit down and stop talking rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Why are Local Politicians so fcuking feeble?

- Who votes for these People and why?

Oh, I can see from his profile page that he is yet another Teacher who decided to treble his wage by entering the marvellous world of local Politics.

Also it is really irritating that that Skate Park and the general area is now the Scummiest area in Limerick, there seems to be daily tales of muggings, assault, drug use, prostitution and every form of anti-social behaviour imaginable.

- Would anyone please like to hazard a guess at how many metres it is from Henry St. Garda Station, perhaps ~150 metres to the back wall?

Lads have some professional integrity please - There's no excuse :(

- Apparently they've colonised the Eircom building at this stage as their numbers have grown so much over the years - Wouldn't you think even as few as 2 of them could leave the Car Keys on the Desk and stroll by the area occasionally???????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

When Shortt called to my door during elections he was using the skate park as his No1 issue,now look at the state of the area with drug dealers etc. using the place.He recently spoke at a meeting in Caherdavin and was told to sit down and stop talking rubbish.

Are drug dealers using the Skate Park? I suppose everyone needs a hobby/exercise...

I think Shortt is still on a learning curve, at least he's willing to get involved wrt to things like Vizes court etc, the proposed destruction of Arthur's Quay park etc.

What was he saying at the meeting, were you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Raiser wrote: »
    From this story in the Limerick Post.

- My first instinct is that Pat Shortt's Brother surely should have something better to be doing with his time than denying this title in favour of the dumb place holder of Road No. 369?

Is this really all that Pat Shortt's Brother has got on his agenda right now? That City must be in ship shape otherwise so in all fairness......

Let him have his Calendars and let him have his Lane I say :D

Any particular reason that you can't refer to him by his name? It's Tom, and in the article you linked...

Apart from that I agree with your post, it does seem very petty.

Any particular reason that you can't refer to him by his name? It's Tom, and in the article you linked...

Apart from that I agree with your post, it does seem very petty.

I was just being petty too cause he irritated me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I love "if they take the sign down, people will be lost, its on all the sat navs.." umm, if they have a sat nav, they'll find it..

zuroph wrote: »
    I love "if they take the sign down, people will be lost, its on all the sat navs.." umm, if they have a sat nav, they'll find it..

I'm not paying Garmin hand over fist for a Map update over this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Here's a handy way to remember.

dalys lane is not its name,
    Just Mikey Dalys claim to fame
    Tom shortt made him tow the line
    now its road 3 6 9

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

What was he saying at the meeting, were you there?[/QUOTE]

I was at the meeting.It was called to discuss the amount of houses being sub- let and given out by the Corp and the Health board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

zuroph wrote: »
    Here's a handy way to remember.

dalys lane is not its name,
    Just Mikey Dalys claim to fame
    Tom shortt made him tow the line
    now its road 3 6 9

I am quoting this for no other reason than it deserves it ......... I might even go on to quote it in totally unrelated threads

Advertisement