Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire opposite Thomond Park

Options
  • 04-11-2010 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭

There was a fire on the old cratloe road this morning directly opposite thomond park, 3 fire trucks and a single cop car, Obviusly just a small one no windows smashed and the family were outside the front door drinking tea, surely there was no need for 3 trucks if that's the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    There was a fire on the old cratloe road this morning directly opposite thomond park, 3 fire trucks and a single cop car, Obviusly just a small one no windows smashed and the family were outside the front door drinking tea, surely there was no need for 3 trucks if that's the case?

Surely you don't know what you're talking about, 3 trucks, are sent more as a preventative measure, what would you be saying if 1 truck was sent and the fire went out of control and spread to the other houses in the area? Also if it was your house you'd want as much response from the fire service as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

foinse wrote: »
    Surely you don't know what you're talking about, 3 trucks, are sent more as a preventative measure, what would you be saying if 1 truck was sent and the fire went out of control and spread to the other houses in the area? Also if it was your house you'd want as much response from the fire service as possible.
    I never said i knew what was i was talking about hence i asked..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

AFAIK there are always at least two tenders sent to any incident. One of the reasons is in case of a breakdown of one of the tenders. Again I'm no expert on this.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Ya fair enough the two trucks i understood but didn't see why there was 3 especially when all they were doing was outside drinking tea while the rest were inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ya fair enough the two trucks i understood but didn't see why there was 3 especially when all they were doing was outside drinking tea while the rest were inside.

The Family were drinking Tea or the Firemen? Or the Family started drinking Tea and then the Firemen had a quick cuppa too once they suddenly realised that there was 29 of them at the scene of a small fire which was non-threatening enough to boil up a brew before evacuating the premises?

- What was your point anyway? They're paid the same wage whether they sit in the Fire Station showing off to Boy Scouts as when they are at the scene of a chip-pan fire in Suburbia aren't they? (I assume anyhow!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Heck If I'm paying between €90 - €130 for the fire brigade to turn up to my house fire then I want ALL of them to turn up. :D

Oh yeah, why can't they have a cup of tea? The fire was surely out. It's not as though there was a woman clutching some infants screaming from the upstairs window. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

If the fire brigade came to my house and put out a fire I would make them a cup of tea. I would think they deserved it. I might even give them a biscuit if they did a good job, all 29 of them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    I might even give them a biscuit if they did a good job, all 29 of them :p

You count your biscuits?

:)

phill106 wrote: »
    You count your biscuits?

:)

LadyTbolt and 29 firemen.

COME ON! You don't really think she means "biscuits" :rolleyes:

I never said they didn't deserve tea I'm just saying that the occupants of one truck needn't have been there from what i saw, but hey thats just my opinion, hell if they put out a fire in my house id cook them steak!

• Advertisement

I never said they didn't deserve tea I'm just saying that the occupants of one truck needn't have been there from what i saw, but hey thats just my opinion, hell if they put out a fire in my house id cook them steak!

Sham offer Mate.

- Odds are the steak would already be well done :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Raiser wrote: »
    Sham offer Mate.

- Odds are the steak would already be well done :mad:

and by "steak" he means "granny"

• Registered Users Posts: 14 woopah

Yeah, I was actually in the house.
    We weren't drinking tea outside. We were outside to get out of the house filled with smoke.. Muppet.
    And there were only two firetrucks... Costing €450!
    ...It was an eventful morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Thomond Park isnt on the old Cratloe Road

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

kilburn wrote: »
    Thomond Park isnt on the old Cratloe Road

I wouldn't be so sure of that :pac:

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=google+maps+Limerick&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Thats wrong, its the northern ring road. Old cratloe road starts at Lit and hits out towards cratloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

kilburn wrote: »
    Thats wrong, its the northern ring road. Old cratloe road starts at Lit and hits out towards cratloe.

I thought the road from Hassetts X to the roundabout near LIT was the Old Cratloe Road, the OSI map refers to it as the Cratloe Rd. Way back there was a sign along there once for the Old Cratloe Road, not sure it's still around.

phog wrote: »
    I thought the road from Hassetts X to the roundabout near LIT was the Old Cratloe Road, the OSI map refers to it as the Cratloe Rd. Way back there was a sign along there once for the Old Cratloe Road, not sure it's still around.

Coincidentally i passed that area today. There is a sign on the wall below the raised road where the house are, saying it is cratloe road, so that would be from from hassets to lit roundabout. There it goes to brookville avenue/old cratlor road.

From the Limerick City Planning Office.

One of many applications for TPRFC

http://webmap.limerickcity.ie/PlanningEnquiryLite/Default.aspx?FullFileNumber=20-0453&FromMap=True

The Planning Map says "Cratloe Road" and Im going to believe the planning department quicker than anybody else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

phill106 wrote: »
    Coincidentally i passed that area today. There is a sign on the wall below the raised road where the house are, saying it is cratloe road, so that would be from from hassets to lit roundabout. There it goes to brookville avenue/old cratlor road.

That's where I thought was too, went checking on google maps but was obstructed by a bus :(

• Advertisement

BTW. Lots of green paint around the area as well. :p

Berty wrote: »
    BTW. Lots of green paint around the area as well. :p

Noticed that,imagine that, it never wore off like we were told!

better get on to an post so my address has been wrong all these years

Berty wrote: »
    From the Limerick City Planning Office.

One of many applications for TPRFC

http://webmap.limerickcity.ie/PlanningEnquiryLite/Default.aspx?FullFileNumber=20-0453&FromMap=True

The Planning Map says "Cratloe Road" and Im going to believe the planning department quicker than anybody else really.

Limerick Planning Department have been demonstrating for years that they just haven't got a fcuking clue what they are at or where they are going.

- Seriously you be better of putting your faith in the Taliban or Jesus or the Progressive Democrats or someone.

Advertisement